Sony 11 10.19%
Google 6 5.56%
Apple 1 0.93%
Amazon 67 62.04%
Voters: 108. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-29-2013, 09:55 AM   #1
sirmaru
Wizard
sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 2013, HDX 2013, Galaxy S5 2014
Vote for Favorite Brand of eReader

It would be interesting to see the favorite brand of eReaders used by viewers of this thread:

1. Kobo
2. Sony
3. Google (Android)
4. Apple
5. Amazon (Kindles)

I voted for the Amazon Kindles and now use both the Paperwhite 2013 and the Fire HDX 2013.

Last edited by sirmaru; 12-29-2013 at 09:57 AM.
sirmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 10:36 AM   #2
solitarywolf
Ink Drinker
solitarywolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.solitarywolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.solitarywolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.solitarywolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.solitarywolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.solitarywolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.solitarywolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.solitarywolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.solitarywolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.solitarywolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.solitarywolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Scribe, Kindle 2021, Ipad Pro, iPhone Pro
Sony used to have my vote but they abandoned ship in the US.
solitarywolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-29-2013, 10:52 AM   #3
GoSharks
SQUIRREL!!
GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K-Fire, PW2, PW3
You do realize you posted this poll in the Amazon Kindle forum, right?
GoSharks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 10:56 AM   #4
ucfgrad93
Wizard
ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2nd Gen
For me, it would be the Amazon Kindle. I have never owned any other e-ink reader.
ucfgrad93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 11:21 AM   #5
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Other E-Ink

I am a ham-handed (touch challenged) e-reader user.
Touch is out of the running.

The K4NT comes close, but the edge mounted turn buttons are difficult to use 1 handed.
I mostly read in bed, holding the reader with 1 hand. The other hand is for petting THE CAT (If you don't PET, the reader gets butted out of your hand)
The Astak 5" has a side mounted Jog Wheel that can be used with a index finger for page turns.
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-29-2013, 11:38 AM   #6
nynaevelan
eBook Junkie
nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire 2020, Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by ucfgrad93 View Post
For me, it would be the Amazon Kindle. I have never owned any other e-ink reader.
Same here, even with the little idiosyncrasies of the kindles I have owned, I will most likely always stay with Amazon since 98% of my library is purchased through them and Audible. Unless of course they make a major blunder which would put them on my shit list. Or they stop selling eink devices.

Now tablets that is a horse of a different color, that all depends on what I am looking for when in the market for a new tablet. Though once again, the whispesync for voice will most likely always be the key factor in my decisions, but I tend to prefer either the Fire or the Samsung Galaxy Tabs. Keep in mind I am not as techy needy as some of you all, I do not need all those bells and whistles in my tablets, since I do not use all those bells and whistles.
nynaevelan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 12:15 PM   #7
pidgeon92
Wizard
pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, Kindle Voyage, Kindle DXG, Boox M90, Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoSharks View Post
Yeah, I suspect the results will be a bit skewed.
pidgeon92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 01:13 PM   #8
dordale
Wizard
dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650 & 350; Kindle Voyage; Kobo Aura HD, Aura One, and Forma
I can't really say I have a favorite brand. Right now I'm doing most of my reading on my new KPW2, and it is a great reader. But I still have a soft spot for my Sony 350 and 650. Both great readers! And just got an iPad Air--and with Marvin installed on it, I have to say reading on it is a joy.
dordale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 01:22 PM   #9
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Since this is a Kindle forum, I vote Kindle.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 01:40 PM   #10
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
I'll just go wild and vote for google, though I have no idea what that is intended to mean, in this poll. I use a Nexus 7. It gets my vote.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 02:03 PM   #11
sirmaru
Wizard
sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 2013, HDX 2013, Galaxy S5 2014
Not really skewed

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoSharks View Post
Most posts I've read in this Forum appear to have been by Google (Nexus) and Apple (iPad) users.

I'm surprised that no Apple users voted yet and Kobo seems to be the most popular outside of Amazon.

I'm also surprised that only 53% so far seem to favor the Kindles.

I would say, at this moment in time, Kobo is the surprise winner and Apple is the surprise loser. It appears no one voting here is still using a Sony eReader. Until a few years ago Sony was the brand for my eReaders AND eBooks.

Last edited by sirmaru; 12-29-2013 at 02:06 PM.
sirmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 02:10 PM   #12
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
I define ereaders as eink devices; therefore, Kindle. If I were to vote for a tablet (LCD, WiFi capable), it would be the Nexus (Google).
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 03:38 PM   #13
Penforhire
Wizard
Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage & iPhone 7+
I'm with solitarywolf, would have said Sony for the hardware but Amazon for the ecosystem (and hardware that is much better than just a few years ago).
Penforhire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 03:52 PM   #14
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
I define ereaders as eink devices; therefore, Kindle. If I were to vote for a tablet (LCD, WiFi capable), it would be the Nexus (Google).
In that case, I would vote for Kobo.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 05:00 PM   #15
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by pidgeon92 View Post
Yeah, I suspect the results will be a bit skewed.
Yep, the OP is a diehard Amazon fan. I think he wants a skewed result.