Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > BBeB/LRF Books

Notices

Old 06-18-2007, 09:04 AM   #1
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Goldberg, Isaac (EDITOR): Brazilian Tales. v1. 18 June 07

I'm a huge admirer of Latin American literature, and bask in the writings of Jorge Amado, Jose Saramago [Nobel Prize in Literature], Miguel Angel Asturias [Nobel Prize in Literature], Mario Vargas Llosa (Aside: I hope he will eventually win the Nobel prize), among others.

When I saw that this 1920 title was in the PD, I decided to format it and make it available for all of us who have Readers.

There are only four contributors, but three of the stories are by Machado De Assis - an incredible writer who has had a lasting influence. Listed below are the four writers:

Joaquim Maria Machado De Assis
José Medeiros E Albuquerque
Coelho Netto
Carmen Dolores

I hope you enjoy it.

Don
This work is assumed to be in the Life+70 public domain OR the copyright holder has given specific permission for distribution. Copyright laws differ throughout the world, and it may still be under copyright in some countries. Before downloading, please check your country's copyright laws. If the book is under copyright in your country, do not download or redistribute this work.

To report a copyright violation you can contact us here.
Attached Files
File Type: lrf Goldberg, Issac (Editor) - Brazilian Tales.lrf (230.2 KB, 1099 views)
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 03:48 PM   #2
Andanzas
Out of print
Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500 (recycled), Pocketbook Inkpad X Pro
Great find! I also love Latin American literature. I have read a couple novels by Machado de Assis and I think he deserves a place among the greatest novelist of the 19th century.
Andanzas is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-05-2014, 08:34 AM   #3
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
Mario Vargas Llosa (Aside: I hope he will eventually win the Nobel prize)
He did

By the way, I fixed "Issac" to "Isaac" in the title, you may want to fix the filename and metadata too.

Last edited by Jellby; 04-05-2014 at 08:39 AM.
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote