Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 07-13-2010, 04:55 AM   #1
malfromcessnock
malfromcessnock began at the beginning.

Device: sony prs 505
Calibre doens't recognise my device

Hi board members

I'm using a Sony PRS 505 and have discovered Calibre doesn't recognise it.

Am I suppose to install drivers etc for my e-reader? I don't think it shipped with any software - does anyone have any suggestions?

Cheers, Mal from Cessnock AU
malfromcessnock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 09:00 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
go to preferences->advanced and click debug device detection, then post the output
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-24-2010, 01:44 AM   #3
Chrysanthemum
Enthusiast
Chrysanthemum began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2,
Jumping in here with the same problem

Okay, this has happened to me also. Here are my Debug results:
Attached Files
File Type: rtf Debug device detection.rtf (61.0 KB, 654 views)
Chrysanthemum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 02:29 AM   #4
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrysanthemum View Post
Okay, this has happened to me also. Here are my Debug results:
Unplug your iphone and then it will see your 300 fine.

Update: If you aren't going to use your apple device as an ereader you can go to Preferences - Plugins - Device interface plugin - disable the Apple device interface plugin.

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 07-24-2010 at 02:34 AM.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 02:33 AM   #5
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
If you have an Apple device (iPhone, iPod, iPad) attached at the same time then it could be interfering with detection of the other devices as Calibre will only recognise one connected device at a time.

If you are not interested in using the Calibre direct interface between Calibre and an Apple device (you can still interface Calibre to iTunes) then you can disable the Apple Device driver in Calibre under Preferences->Plugins->Device Drivers.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-24-2010, 03:13 AM   #6
Chrysanthemum
Enthusiast
Chrysanthemum began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2,
Oh, thank you! I was afraid it was a problem with my Hub. Ihad my iPhone connected doing a software update when I connected the 300. So I disabled Apple devices, since I only use my Sony and Nook for ebooks directly, and with them both connected through the hub, the Sony was detected.

On a side note, I do use my iPhone for ebooks by accessing my Calibre library via Stanza. Just not by plugging it in.
Chrysanthemum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 03:31 AM   #7
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrysanthemum View Post
On a side note, I do use my iPhone for ebooks by accessing my Calibre library via Stanza. Just not by plugging it in.
If you decide you want to use iBooks on your iPhone, then Calibre can still interwork with iTunes even with the Apple Device driver disabled. Both iBooks and Stanza have features that I like, with the main distinguishing feature for me being that iBooks is well integrated with Calibre+iTunes via USB, and Stanza can do over-the-air download of books without needing the USB connection.

Last edited by itimpi; 07-24-2010 at 03:34 AM.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote