Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 11-09-2010, 09:28 PM   #16
Dulin's Books
Wizard
Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox PB360 etc etc etc
i updated the OP with the PDFs
Dulin's Books is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 05:27 PM   #17
MichaelMSeattle
Enthusiast
MichaelMSeattle began at the beginning.

Device: sony prs-505/600
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lbooker View Post
To compare the spec sheets of Triton and Pearl:
http://www.eink.com/sell_sheets/trit...ll%20sheet.pdf
http://www.eink.com/sell_sheets/pear...ll%20sheet.pdf

The contrast has not suffered from the transition to color, which is good news.
Unfortunately, the update time for color images seems slow.
That may be the update time for full color images rather than just partial color images with black and white. I suspect that ebooks will be just as fast as they are now but magazines may be somewhat slower.

It would still beat PDF though. (I hope!)
-Mike
MichaelMSeattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-18-2010, 06:51 PM   #18
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelMSeattle View Post
I suspect that ebooks will be just as fast as they are now but magazines may be somewhat slower.
Good point. Hopefully, the controller can detect text-only and only update the greyscale sub-pixels. This assumes that the color sub-pixels are not involved in text display.

The demo videos I looked at seemed to be fairly fast, but I don't think they were doing a full update (with screen blanking).
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote