Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 03-02-2007, 04:36 PM   #16
donovanh
Enthusiast
donovanh began at the beginning.

Thanks for posting this

I'm not in the USA so hadn't registered at the store. I did it last night and got the $50 credit
Old 03-03-2007, 12:13 PM   #17
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
So what if you can't re-read it in 5 years time? You're not buying it to read in 5 years; you're buying it to read NOW. Most of the things I buy now aren't going to be of much use to me in 5 years, but that doesn't stop me from buying and enjoying them now. I certainly don't think of a book as a "life-long investment". The majority of the books I read, I'll never read again.
Advert
Old 03-03-2007, 12:35 PM   #18
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650 & 505 & 500
Then we are very different here.
I like to collect books. I like the idea that I can read any book in my collection whenever I want to, even though I almost never re-read them.
Most of the things I buy will not be of much use for me in 5 years too. However, books are not amongst them.

At least now I see some reasons why people would spend their money on Connect.
Old 03-03-2007, 01:25 PM   #19
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by astra_lestat
Then we are very different here.
Yeah, we are. Ain't it grand?
Old 03-04-2007, 11:56 AM   #20
gossip
gossip began at the beginning.

Device: HP Jornada 568/Sony Reader
Thanks NatCh for the information. I just got my Credit and bought alrady 3 books
Advert
Old 03-05-2007, 08:58 PM   #21
kingjimmi
kingjimmi began at the beginning.

Thanks for this update. I registered my Reader about a week prior to this $50 credit offer. I emailed Sony and they were kind enough to give me the $50 credit anyways.
Old 03-06-2007, 06:30 PM   #22
junkml
Addict
junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader
finally

finally got the credit! I had to go to the onloine chat every day for 5 days, but we finally got the credit the last time I went online to bug them again. ;-)

Now my wife can go ahead and buy some books to see how that works out.

One question, and maybe I should start a new thread, but how long does it normally take to download one of their books? I've been trying to download one of the books she bought for about 20 minutes. This seems like a ridiculous amount of time, but I want to see what other people have experienced.
Old 03-06-2007, 06:35 PM   #23
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Congrats on getting the credit, junkml!

That does seem like a ridiculous amount of time, unless you're connected at ~28.8 kbps, that is.
Old 03-06-2007, 06:41 PM   #24
junkml
Addict
junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Nope, cable modem

I even canceled one download, closed the connect software, then went in to download again. It just seems to sit there.

Well, I'll play around a bit and see what I can find out.

Honestly, I wouldn't even be buying from Sony except for the $50 credit. So it's pretty much an experiment anyway.
Old 03-06-2007, 06:44 PM   #25
junkml
Addict

Weird.

The problem seems to be that I can only download one book at a time. After I closed it and just downloaded one book, it worked fine. Then I tried to download a second book, and it just got hung up. So I closed the program, logged back in, and downloaded the next book. It downloaded in seconds.

Seems like they have some issues with their download setup. Oh well, at least we got the books. ;-)
Old 03-07-2007, 04:09 AM   #26
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by junkml
Weird.

The problem seems to be that I can only download one book at a time. After I closed it and just downloaded one book, it worked fine. Then I tried to download a second book, and it just got hung up. So I closed the program, logged back in, and downloaded the next book. It downloaded in seconds.

Seems like they have some issues with their download setup. Oh well, at least we got the books. ;-)
I've experienced that on other web sites - they seem to have a limit on the maximum number of connections they'll accept from a single client. Eg, the Baen web site only lets you download two books at once; if you try to start a third download it just hangs until one of the current downloads has finished.
Old 03-07-2007, 05:59 PM   #27
junkml
Addict

The problem with the Sony site is that the original download would never complete.

Still, I can get the books downloaded for my wife, that's the main thing.
Old 01-01-2008, 08:45 PM   #28
andyafro
Connoisseur
andyafro doesn't litterandyafro doesn't litter

Device: sony reader prs-500
Quote:
Originally Posted by junkml View Post
Still, I can get the books downloaded for my wife, that's the main thing.
Thats the only important thing LOL

close program remove usb then reconnect it.

if you running vista re-install in as administrator
Old 01-09-2008, 02:41 PM   #29
spooky69
Stats:
spooky69 can extract oil from cheesespooky69 can extract oil from cheesespooky69 can extract oil from cheesespooky69 can extract oil from cheesespooky69 can extract oil from cheesespooky69 can extract oil from cheesespooky69 can extract oil from cheesespooky69 can extract oil from cheesespooky69 can extract oil from cheese

Device: Sony PRS-505
This is the coupon cops, and I'm taking you all to coupon jail, where you will be forced to read books...books about being a cop! Consider this.
Old 01-09-2008, 03:21 PM   #30
NatCh
Gizmologist

Uh-huh. You two do realize that this thread has been dead for almost a year, don't you?

Closed Thread