Kobo Nickel 9 6.77%
Malabar 16 12.03%
Kobo UD Kakugo 6 4.51%
Open Dyslexic 2 1.50%
Voters: 133. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-10-2019, 02:01 PM   #76
JeanPierre
Zealot
JeanPierre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeanPierre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeanPierre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeanPierre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeanPierre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeanPierre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeanPierre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeanPierre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeanPierre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeanPierre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeanPierre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
I really like Literata Book, but for some reason the Bold isn't even listed as an option. (No problem with Book, Medium, and SemiBold as choices.)
I'm not sure what you mean by this, but perhaps you'd find the following post useful: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...&postcount=414

The attachment is a TTF version of Literata Book that uses the regular, bold, italic and bold italic OTF files from the Font Squirrel website as a source.
JeanPierre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 01:04 PM   #77
MGlitch
Wizard
MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Kobo Sage, Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcentros View Post
You don't have my favorite ... DejaVu Serif E-Book. My favorite because it's nice and dark and sharp. (You don't have to add weight to it to make it darker, like you do with most of the other fonts — at least for my eyes.)
Is there a link to this font I found some via google but I wanna make sure I’m getting the right one
MGlitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-17-2019, 05:12 PM   #78
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I prefer ChareInk as my go to font.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2019, 12:36 AM   #79
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
That font sounds somewhat familiar. Just can't wrap my mind around who created that modification of Charis SIL at the moment.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2019, 01:09 AM   #80
Silverty
Connoisseur
Silverty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Silverty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Silverty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Silverty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Silverty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Silverty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Silverty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Silverty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Silverty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Silverty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Silverty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, Kobo Aura H2O2
Quote:
Mine too!
Thanks btw
Silverty is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-18-2019, 05:35 PM   #81
the.Mtn.Man
Guru
the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura
Quote:
And where can one find this wondrous font?
the.Mtn.Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2019, 06:02 PM   #82
koboy
Wizard
koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura, Mini, Touch, Amazon Kindle.
Quote:
Originally Posted by the.Mtn.Man View Post
And where can one find this wondrous font?
no weight or with weight the choice is yours.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=184056

i was pleasantly pleased with the weighted bold font.

thank you Mr Wolf.

best wishes koboy

Last edited by koboy; 03-18-2019 at 06:05 PM.
koboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2019, 11:49 PM   #83
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
On a more serious note, I keep playing with fonts but Jon's CharEink is still my goto font when I don't need characters (mostly Greek) that it does not support.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 05:20 PM   #84
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
I just picked up ChareInk and I'm thoroughly enjoying this font.

Thank you, Jon.
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 01:21 AM   #85
JeanPierre
Zealot
JeanPierre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeanPierre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeanPierre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeanPierre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeanPierre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeanPierre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeanPierre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeanPierre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeanPierre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeanPierre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeanPierre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One
I just tried ChareInk for the first time, and it is immediately apparent to me on my Aura ONE that the fi an ff ligatures show up below the other letters.

Fortunately I don't like the font style itself, so I don't have to worry about correcting that
JeanPierre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2019, 01:45 AM   #86
jasius
Connoisseur
jasius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie_w View Post
It's the one named 'Freedom to advanced fonts control' (in the libnickel.so.1.0.0.yaml patch file).
EDIT: Which thing in the patches save memory on the ClaraHD reader?

Last edited by jasius; 03-22-2019 at 02:27 AM.
jasius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2019, 09:43 AM   #87
forster01
Groupie
forster01 can do the Funky Gibbon.forster01 can do the Funky Gibbon.forster01 can do the Funky Gibbon.forster01 can do the Funky Gibbon.forster01 can do the Funky Gibbon.forster01 can do the Funky Gibbon.forster01 can do the Funky Gibbon.forster01 can do the Funky Gibbon.forster01 can do the Funky Gibbon.forster01 can do the Funky Gibbon.forster01 can do the Funky Gibbon.

Device: Kobo Forma, Kobo Aura One, Kobo Aura HD, Kindle, Amazon Fire HD
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasius View Post
EDIT: Which thing in the patches save memory on the ClaraHD reader?
What do you mean by saving memory with the patch?
forster01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2019, 05:23 PM   #88
JohhnyMix
Connoisseur
JohhnyMix began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo H2O V2
I think the best one is Bookerly from amazon or Amber also from amazon because its so easy to read and i just love the more bolder fonts.
JohhnyMix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2019, 01:50 PM   #89
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeanPierre View Post
I'm not sure what you mean by this, but perhaps you'd find the following post useful: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...&postcount=414

The attachment is a TTF version of Literata Book that uses the regular, bold, italic and bold italic OTF files from the Font Squirrel website as a source.

I have all of these, but for some reason the Bold is not an option when choosing the font of my choice. My only choices are

Literata Book
Literata Book Medium
Literata Book SemiBold

I would like to have the Literata Book Bold as a choice, but it just isn't listed in the Fonts Menu (although that Bold is on my Reader).
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2019, 01:55 PM   #90
Ripplinger
350 Hoarder
Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Kobo Glo & Glo HD, PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
I have all of these, but for some reason the Bold is not an option when choosing the font of my choice. My only choices are

Literata Book
Literata Book Medium
Literata Book SemiBold

I would like to have the Literata Book Bold as a choice, but it just isn't listed in the Fonts Menu (although that Bold is on my Reader).
Because of my crappy eyesight, I also prefer bolder fonts. What I do just make a copy of the bold (or semi bold if you prefer) font, and rename that copy as the regular font. The reader picks up the regular font as it should, but you see the bold version. I do the same with the bold italic version as well. It's an easy way to trick the reader into displaying what you want.
Ripplinger is offline   Reply With Quote