Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 07-30-2007, 03:07 AM   #61
fairuza
fairuza began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader
so i signed up for the sony gateway cc and i received it in the mail today. but what the heck do i do to get the sony reader for $50? i have received no instructions on this by mail or email. i don't really care about the ebooks, just the reader.
fairuza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 07:47 AM   #62
sea2stars
Zealot
sea2stars is on a distinguished road

Device: eb1150, Sony Reader
I grabbed this from the "$99? - Never mind that" thread

"I also just received my card and after being walked through the website, here is the process for getting the reader.

1. Sign up for the Sony Rewards website. You get 25 points for signing up.
2. Add something to your wish list. You get 50 points for creating a wish list.
3. Add the Sony Reader to your shopping cart. It is 16000 points, but after it is added to your cart, with discount, it lists in the cart for 5999 points.
4. Proceed to checkout.
5. Review your order. It subtracts your 75 points from the 5999 points so you still need 5924 points.
6. Click on the Buy Points button towards the bottom of the page. They are $.01 each. It will then ask for a credit card information.
7. Confirm your order.

The total price is $59.24 which has shipping included."
sea2stars is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-30-2007, 12:58 PM   #63
CoryDog
CoryDog began at the beginning.

Device: Sony EReader PRS-500
ShopNBC.com has PRS500 Sony Reader at 149.99

Just saw on ShopNBC.com the Reader at 149.99.
Search on item V49135.

They said they had 1,000 to sell with 700 left as I post.

Looks like the new promotion is now $200 of classic books.
CoryDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 02:44 PM   #64
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoryDog View Post
Just saw on ShopNBC.com the Reader at 149.99.
Search on item V49135.

They said they had 1,000 to sell with 700 left as I post.

Looks like the new promotion is now $200 of classic books.
And all the 1000 readers are sold.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 10:10 PM   #65
drogo
Connoisseur
drogo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.drogo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.drogo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.drogo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: PRS-500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sea2stars View Post
I grabbed this from the "$99? - Never mind that" thread

"I also just received my card and after being walked through the website, here is the process for getting the reader.

1. Sign up for the Sony Rewards website. You get 25 points for signing up.
2. Add something to your wish list. You get 50 points for creating a wish list.
3. Add the Sony Reader to your shopping cart. It is 16000 points, but after it is added to your cart, with discount, it lists in the cart for 5999 points.
4. Proceed to checkout.
5. Review your order. It subtracts your 75 points from the 5999 points so you still need 5924 points.
6. Click on the Buy Points button towards the bottom of the page. They are $.01 each. It will then ask for a credit card information.
7. Confirm your order.

The total price is $59.24 which has shipping included."
So, could I just do this without a Sony card? Or does it check for the Sony card at some point?

I'm just wonderin'...
drogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-30-2007, 10:49 PM   #66
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

drogo, you need the credit card to do that.
Old 07-31-2007, 10:00 AM   #67
drogo
Connoisseur
drogo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.drogo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.drogo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.drogo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: PRS-500
I figured that was probably the case.

I'll go ahead and sign up in a week or two. I've got some other stuff to take care of, and if the offer is good 'til '08, I've got plenty of time.
drogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 10:04 AM   #68
coleman
Connoisseur
coleman began at the beginning.

Device: Android tablets and phones, Windows tablet, Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
drogo, you need the credit card to do that.
Specifically, you need the Sony card to open the account on Sony Rewards, and you get the pricing by having a Sony Card, but you don't have to use the Sony card to actually pay for anything.

When you buy the points to pay for the reader you are given the option of using any card you want.
coleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 06:15 PM   #69
Jersey
Jersey began at the beginning.

Device: FRPRS500U
Well its July 31st and i just got home from work and guess whats here. My new Sony e-reader. I signed up for the card the first day, got the card 7 days later, and order the reader right away, took 2 weeks before they shipped and then 5 days to arrive. Man could they have cut this offer any closer. so i guess Im a lucky one just have to sign up for my 50 classics and $50 credit and im all set.
Jersey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 11:10 PM   #70
flamaest
Groupie
flamaest ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.flamaest ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.flamaest ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.flamaest ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.flamaest ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.flamaest ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.flamaest ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.flamaest ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.flamaest ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.flamaest ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.flamaest ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: prs-500
I signed up and am waiting for my reader.. yippe!

I heard some folks are getting refurbs from this offer.. could this be true..?

Question, if you load books and MP3s to an SD card and put the card into the Sony reader, can the Sony reader mangae the files, as in play AND DELETE the files off the SD card using the Reader?

Thanks,
Fabian.
flamaest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 11:43 PM   #71
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

No you cannot delete files off the SD card using the Reader. You cannot delete any files using the Reader. Connect however works for file deletion.
Old 08-03-2007, 12:26 AM   #72
Dublee
Dublee began at the beginning.

Device: ASUS TF300, iPad 1, Nook Tablet (CM7), Nook ST, Onyx M92
Quote:
Originally Posted by flamaest View Post
I signed up and am waiting for my reader.. yippe!

Question, if you load books and MP3s to an SD card and put the card into the Sony reader, can the Sony reader mangae the files, as in play AND DELETE the files off the SD card using the Reader?

Thanks,
Fabian.
As far as I can tell, my Reader that I received today looks brand new. There was some blurb on the forums about lower serial numbers and units having been shipped from Sony parts center, but nothing substantiated to prove that these units are refurbs.
Dublee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 04:38 AM   #73
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by flamaest View Post
No, you didn't hear that. You heard that Readers are being shipped from Sony's parts centre, and from that, some people were putting 2 and 2 together and making 17. These are new Readers.

Quote:
No, you can't delete files from the Reader; you have to do it from the Connect software.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 01:56 PM   #74
rdelfin
rdelfin began at the beginning.

Device: Sony eReader 500
Cool I got mine!!!!!

I just got mine FINALLY (well, actually a couple days ago) and is gorgeous!

Happy readin'!!
rdelfin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 08:41 PM   #75
jemedwards
jemedwards began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader
Thumbs up Thank you

This is my first post and I just wanted to say thanks for the info on using Sony Rewards to get such a bargain.

I've been reading so many forums regarding information on what should be my first eReader. It was pretty confusing on trying to decide (i.e. ebookwise over Sony Reader). However the cheap price for the Sony made my decision easy.

I received my Sony card today and just ordered my Reader for $58.99. The step-by-step process posted by sea2stars, which was obtained from another board, was such a great help.

I just received my e-mail confirmation on my $58.99 order. This is such a cheap price to pay for something that I'm really interested in but not interested in spending a hugh amount of money.

Thanks again.
jemedwards is offline   Reply With Quote