Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 06-10-2009, 11:38 AM   #31
RSaunders
Groupie
RSaunders knows what time it isRSaunders knows what time it isRSaunders knows what time it isRSaunders knows what time it isRSaunders knows what time it isRSaunders knows what time it isRSaunders knows what time it isRSaunders knows what time it isRSaunders knows what time it isRSaunders knows what time it isRSaunders knows what time it is

Device: Sony PRS-500
Added Smashwords, for those who prefer their books DRM-free. They let you read a sample before you buy, at a cost of only your time.
RSaunders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 01:19 AM   #32
kelly1010
Book Addict!
kelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheese

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPod Touch, Kindle 3G + Wi-Fi
thanks for starting this. Although I've had my reader for 2 1/2 months now, I realized there's still alot I don't know. I am on a quest to find more information. I've always kept an eye out for other websites and sources for finding ebooks. I wrote down several that were mentioned here that I hadn't heard about. I will definitely check them out soon. Thanks!
kelly1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-25-2009, 08:27 AM   #33
movieking
movieking began at the beginning.

Device: Sony 505
Are there anymore updates to add to this? I find it to be a great resource. I guess shortcovers.com should be added, but I am not sure about anymore.
movieking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 11:02 AM   #34
artemisblossom
Groupie
artemisblossom has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.artemisblossom has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.artemisblossom has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.artemisblossom has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.artemisblossom has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony prs505
Wow lots of new places for me to check for books. This site is great!!!!! I am a little curious though as to why Books On Board wasn't mentioned.....or did I miss it?
artemisblossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 11:34 AM   #35
neilmarr
neilmarr
neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony
www.bewrite.net. One hundred and fifty new and exclusive books in several genres. All ebooks £1, $2.00, E1.5 or equivalent (but if you really are broke, email me and I'll send freebies for the rest of the year). PDF only so far, I'm afraid. Happy reading. Neil
neilmarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-01-2010, 12:17 PM   #36
tspurohit
tspurohit began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-300
Thank you for this information. I just got a sony reader and wanted to download a free book from one of your resorces. I found one, and I can open it on the Sony program on the computer, but how do I transfer it to the Sony Reader? Thanks.

M
tspurohit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 06:53 PM   #37
gwynevans
Wizzard
gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 2, iPhone 6s, Kindle Voyage & Kindle PaperWhite
Plug in the reader, it should appear in the Sony program then drag & drop. Post asking for help in a new topic if this doesn't help enough, as it may get overlooked here.
gwynevans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 09:33 PM   #38
ginalola
ginalola will become famous soon enoughginalola will become famous soon enoughginalola will become famous soon enoughginalola will become famous soon enoughginalola will become famous soon enoughginalola will become famous soon enoughginalola will become famous soon enough

Device: sony prs-505,600 and 700
Books on Board www.booksonboard.com They charge the same as Sony, but they have a rebate program that is pretty cool.
ginalola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 08:34 AM   #39
mediax
Readaholic
mediax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mediax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mediax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mediax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mediax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mediax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mediax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mediax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mediax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mediax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mediax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T2 (previously 505 and 650)
Quote:
Originally Posted by karen.sibley View Post
Being based in UK. I . . . still would like to access sterling based sites.
You've probably already found WH Smith's ebook offerings?

If not, you can reach them through www.whsmith.co.uk
mediax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 12:06 PM   #40
Alsicole
Connoisseur
Alsicole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alsicole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alsicole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alsicole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alsicole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alsicole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alsicole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alsicole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alsicole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alsicole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alsicole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, iPhone 6, iPad Mini Retina,
Quote:
Originally Posted by mediax View Post
You've probably already found WH Smith's ebook offerings?

If not, you can reach them through www.whsmith.co.uk
If you type in ebooks.whsmith.co.uk it bypasses the rest of the site and only offers you ebook results, so it's much easier to navigate than Waterstones which annoying keeps offering me paperbacks no matter how often I click the ebook link.

I've also purchased ePub from
www.powells.com and
www.diesel-ebooks.com
Alsicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 07:28 AM   #41
miztiik
Enthusiast
miztiik began at the beginning.

Device: Yet to decide on one - My reason to join here
i dont find any downloadable in prweb.com
miztiik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 10:59 AM   #42
RSaunders
Groupie
RSaunders knows what time it isRSaunders knows what time it isRSaunders knows what time it isRSaunders knows what time it isRSaunders knows what time it isRSaunders knows what time it isRSaunders knows what time it isRSaunders knows what time it isRSaunders knows what time it isRSaunders knows what time it isRSaunders knows what time it is

Device: Sony PRS-500
Quote:
Originally Posted by miztiik View Post
i dont find any downloadable in prweb.com
Just click on a story of interest and in the upper right corner is an "Options" pane that includes "Download Reader Version".

Thanks for the other updates, I'll fold them into the list.
RSaunders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 10:30 AM   #43
ddave
Enthusiast
ddave began at the beginning.

Device: none
The list is very helpful. However, I'd like to suggest another field. I'd like to differentiate between books without sketches or images (e.g. Project Gutenburg) and ones where sketches or images are included. There are times when a sketch or B&W image (even if original is color) is needed along with the text. For example, I recently downloaded a free version of DaVinci's notebook. Although the text is interesting the book does not include any of his sketches. I know the Sony 700 ebook that I own is capable of displaying both. Another example of a fiction book are the Conan stories written by Ron Howard. The books I read in my youth contained a few simple B&W sketches throughout the book and an ebook would seem incomplete to be without them.
I would pay (extra) for certain books that include images and conversely I may decide not to download a free book that does not include sketches or images.

Does anyone have any comments or similar thoughts?

Dave
ddave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 09:28 PM   #44
frquixote
Addict
frquixote ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frquixote ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frquixote ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frquixote ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frquixote ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frquixote ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frquixote ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frquixote ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frquixote ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frquixote ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frquixote ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KOBO Libra 2, Kindle PW3, Samsung 8A Tablet, Samsung S10e Phone
Site: Name: epubBooks
Site: http://www.epubbooks.com/
Price: Free
Genre: All kinds
Number: Unknown
Support: Provides epub formatted books
Format: epub, no DRM
Notes: Also provides pointers to fee sites and other free sites
frquixote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 03:33 PM   #45
llreader
Mesmerist
llreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-600 Silver. Much nicer than I expected.
Any news on compatibility between Barnes and Noble and the Sony Reader's respective DRM formats?
llreader is offline   Reply With Quote