Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 01-17-2011, 01:22 PM   #61
jlbfoot
idiot
jlbfoot began at the beginning.

Device: Sony 505, 300, and 650
Any chance of a "set future dates" button for the Win-doze version? BTW, thanks for a very useful little program!

* Never mind. You beat me to it in the newer version. Thanks again!

Last edited by jlbfoot; 01-17-2011 at 07:26 PM.
jlbfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 02:15 AM   #62
doreenjoy
01000100 01001010
doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Polyamorous
Really happy with the new "future dates" feature.

Thanks!
doreenjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-18-2011, 11:45 AM   #63
luvduchovny
Zealot
luvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melonluvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melonluvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melonluvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melonluvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melonluvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melonluvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melonluvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melonluvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melonluvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melonluvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melon

Device: Sony Reader PRS-500, PRS-600, PRS-650, PRS-T1, PRS-T3
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuskyRose View Post
Very nice! Thanks!

I just wish there was a way to keep the three I've got up all the time, even though I'm constantly adding new books. When I'm out and about, I'm interrupted a lot by people who are curious about the Sony. I don't mind showing it off, but I'm usually reading pretty adult material, and need some 'safe' books to run to quickly. ; )

I like to use Sherlock Holmes for demonstrations, but they can take a minute or two to pull up. It'd be great if I could find a way to keep them up front and ready all the time.
I keep all my smut.... um... Adult reading on the sd card. If I have to demo my reader for others (which I've done), I pop out the sd card it will reload the screen with stuff only on the reader and there you go. Once you pop your sd card back in, you might have to call up the book again, but then life is back to normal.
luvduchovny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 02:31 PM   #64
DuskyRose
Guru
DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Palma, Kdle Scribe & Paperwhite, Kobo Eclipsa 2e & Libra 2, Ipads
Quote:
Originally Posted by luvduchovny View Post
I keep all my smut.... um... Adult reading on the sd card. If I have to demo my reader for others (which I've done), I pop out the sd card it will reload the screen with stuff only on the reader and there you go. Once you pop your sd card back in, you might have to call up the book again, but then life is back to normal.
Except that takes forever.

I have over 2,400 files in the Sony Main memory. I have a 4gig SD card I'd love to use, but frankly it just slows the Sony down too much to have it in. (Waiting for a 'no scan' program for the SD card on the prs-650! *Loved* that on the last Sony I had!)

Rather than have it take time to re-index the main memory it'd be faster to go to the 'collections'.

But even faster than that is to just have the three I want on the front all the time. Which is great for me, because I don't use that for anything else. I have a ton of books I want to read 'next' so have a collection called "Next" for them. Three is not nearly enough to fool with there.
DuskyRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 10:27 AM   #65
Angst
Cannon Fodder
Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-350, Kindle DX, Kindle Paperwhite
Very useful program. Thank you!
Angst is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-27-2011, 02:14 AM   #66
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Huawei MediaPad M5, LG V30, Boyue T80S, Nexus 7 LTE, K3 3G, Fire HD8
This is really great except for one thing. I have Calibre set the author to author_sort when sending to device so I can get the books in proper author order(last name, first name) when viewing all books. When I change the book order it resets the author metadata. It does this both for setting future dates, and normal ordering.
Purple Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 05:49 AM   #67
Pinecone
Guru
Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-650, PRS-600, PRS-350
What happens wehn you read one of the 3? Does it move off the list and the next one down take its place, or does it only move off when a newer book is loaded onto the reader (or the tool makes it seem so)?
Pinecone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 10:03 AM   #68
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3; Kobo Aura One; iPad Mini 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinecone View Post
What happens wehn you read one of the 3? Does it move off the list and the next one down take its place, or does it only move off when a newer book is loaded onto the reader (or the tool makes it seem so)?
You can open a book, and it will stay on the home screen. It only moves off when a newer book is loaded. The 3 files on the home screen have the most recent dates. If you want the books to stay there all the time (i.e. after you load other books), then use the "Set future dates" option. It will set the date to something in the future to keep them the most recent.
Bookworm_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 01:30 PM   #69
goaspy
Connoisseur
goaspy can eat soup with a fork.goaspy can eat soup with a fork.goaspy can eat soup with a fork.goaspy can eat soup with a fork.goaspy can eat soup with a fork.goaspy can eat soup with a fork.goaspy can eat soup with a fork.goaspy can eat soup with a fork.goaspy can eat soup with a fork.goaspy can eat soup with a fork.goaspy can eat soup with a fork.

Device: Sony PRS-650, Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Lady View Post
This is really great except for one thing. I have Calibre set the author to author_sort when sending to device so I can get the books in proper author order(last name, first name) when viewing all books. When I change the book order it resets the author metadata. It does this both for setting future dates, and normal ordering.
I can't reproduce this. You need to let me know all steps:

1. All changes you made to the default settings in Calibre in order to replace author with author_sort.
2. Is the sort method on reader 'by Author'?
3. On the reader, if you view the books as 'List', do you see the author as (last name, first name)?
goaspy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 02:17 PM   #70
Pinecone
Guru
Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-650, PRS-600, PRS-350
Bookworm_Girl,

Thanks. I was hoping taht as you read them, they would cycle all, that way I could cue up a whole series.

Still a good little utility.
Pinecone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 06:29 PM   #71
Angst
Cannon Fodder
Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-350, Kindle DX, Kindle Paperwhite
If you delete the book when your done reading it, the reader will cycle to the next book in the list.
Angst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 06:50 PM   #72
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by goaspy View Post
I can't reproduce this. You need to let me know all steps:

1. All changes you made to the default settings in Calibre in order to replace author with author_sort.
2. Is the sort method on reader 'by Author'?
3. On the reader, if you view the books as 'List', do you see the author as (last name, first name)?
I have Calibre version 0.7.37
1. I go to Preferences, Plugins, Device Interface Plugins, Sony Device Interface, Customize plugin. In there, I check "Use author sort for author"
2. yes
3. I see the author as (last name, first name) on the home screen, and when I go to See All I have it sorted by author and it also has the author as (last name, first name).

I have Windows Vista Home Premium SP2, and I also tried it on my laptop which has Windows 7 Home Premium and got the same results.
Old 01-27-2011, 08:25 PM   #73
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3; Kobo Aura One; iPad Mini 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angst View Post
If you delete the book when your done reading it, the reader will cycle to the next book in the list.
That's a great suggestion, Angst. As long as someone doesn't mind deleting books that they've read, you could number all the books in your series if you wanted to. The program doesn't limit you to numbering just 1, 2, 3.
Bookworm_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 02:14 AM   #74
goaspy
Connoisseur
goaspy can eat soup with a fork.goaspy can eat soup with a fork.goaspy can eat soup with a fork.goaspy can eat soup with a fork.goaspy can eat soup with a fork.goaspy can eat soup with a fork.goaspy can eat soup with a fork.goaspy can eat soup with a fork.goaspy can eat soup with a fork.goaspy can eat soup with a fork.goaspy can eat soup with a fork.

Device: Sony PRS-650, Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Lady View Post
I have Calibre version 0.7.37
1. I go to Preferences, Plugins, Device Interface Plugins, Sony Device Interface, Customize plugin. In there, I check "Use author sort for author"
It doesn't work for me.

I performed a clean install of Calibre 0.7.37, formated my reader's memory, checked the 'use author sort for author' option, added some books to the library, the sent them to the reader.
The author is still displayed (firstname lastname) on the reader.

If I check the metadata for books in the library they have author (fn ln) and author_sort (ln, fn).

My program only changes an attribute of those files, the modified date, it doesn't change metadata or other config files, it's weird that your author name resets to (fn ln) on the reader after you use it.
goaspy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 06:42 PM   #75
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by goaspy View Post
It doesn't work for me.

I performed a clean install of Calibre 0.7.37, formated my reader's memory, checked the 'use author sort for author' option, added some books to the library, the sent them to the reader.
The author is still displayed (firstname lastname) on the reader.

If I check the metadata for books in the library they have author (fn ln) and author_sort (ln, fn).

My program only changes an attribute of those files, the modified date, it doesn't change metadata or other config files, it's weird that your author name resets to (fn ln) on the reader after you use it.
I have seen complaints of the 650 author sort not working properly in other threads and the latest ones are supposed to work correctly. Do you have the latest firmware? Also, did you check to see if the books were sorted by author last name? maybe the display is different for the 950, but it still sorts by author last name on the 650 even if it doesn't display it.