Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > BBeB/LRF Books

Notices

Old 04-28-2007, 10:41 AM   #1
Gravitas
Muppet
Gravitas doesn't litterGravitas doesn't litter

Device: Zen Vision :M / Nokia 5800 musicXpress / Sony PRS500
Cooper, J Fenimore: The Pioneers V1 April 28 2007

My first attempt at uploading a book. Special request by astra_lestat for some J fenimore Cooper, particularly the Leatherstocking series.

Wikipedia recommends reading in the order they were published, not the order in which the action takes place, so here is the first.

To be honest, all I've done is tidy up the quotes at the start of each chapter, added a TOC and some cover art.

I'm not sure how much an improvement this is particularly afet Natch found;
Quote:
I've poked around some more, and I'm not finding much that's any more complete than the Gutenberg texts, and Manybooks.net will output an LRF for you on the fly. I'm not really in a position at the moment to go re-scanning them from scratch, and I'm a bit reluctant to duplicate Manybooks' effort unless I can find something more than just cover art to add to the mix.
So unless there's aburning need for the rets of this series, I'll probably knock it on the head. Was good practice though and easier than I'd imagined thanks BD.

If anyone has any pointers to improve on it for next time please let me know
This work is assumed to be in the Life+70 public domain OR the copyright holder has given specific permission for distribution. Copyright laws differ throughout the world, and it may still be under copyright in some countries. Before downloading, please check your country's copyright laws. If the book is under copyright in your country, do not download or redistribute this work.

To report a copyright violation you can contact us here.
Attached Files
File Type: zip The Pioneers.zip (506.2 KB, 1514 views)
Gravitas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007, 08:27 PM   #2
UncleDuke
books & doughnuts
UncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five words

Device: sony reader, kindle2
this is enough cooper to last anyone a lifetime or two. of all the great american writers he is absent.
UncleDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-29-2007, 07:41 AM   #3
Gravitas
Muppet
Gravitas doesn't litterGravitas doesn't litter

Device: Zen Vision :M / Nokia 5800 musicXpress / Sony PRS500
Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleDuke
this is enough cooper to last anyone a lifetime or two. of all the great american writers he is absent.
Gravitas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 08:52 AM   #4
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
I haven't read any Cooper myself, but one of my friends, whose literary opinions I very much respect, told me recently that he'd tried to read "Last of the Mohicans" and had to give up half way through, because he found it such heavy going, and this is a guy who can lap up "War and Peace" with no problems at all!
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 01:03 PM   #5
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650 & 505 & 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT
I haven't read any Cooper myself, but one of my friends, whose literary opinions I very much respect, told me recently that he'd tried to read "Last of the Mohicans" and had to give up half way through, because he found it such heavy going, and this is a guy who can lap up "War and Peace" with no problems at all!
It is ironic, but it was the other way around with me (Tolstoy vs. Cooper ), though I was much much younger then. As I said I really liked the first 3 books but could not get through The Pioneers I thought it was too boring, but we change as we grow up. Cannot imagine how I would respond to Last of the Mohican or The Pioneers today.

Last edited by astra; 04-30-2007 at 05:20 AM.
astra is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert