Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 03-23-2007, 08:53 PM   #31
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aprilbeginnings
I do have the update, have the sony reader button on the top toolbar...... I removed the old one and installed from scratch again....... So this time I was able to do it with one book, all the rest it's only doing 27 pages or so.

I am using windows XP
To make it work right you need to install the original BD4 files that are included with the installer routine. Then unzip the latest update and copy this to the BD folder in "Program Files". While it does replace many of the files, I am not sure if it is a complete replacement. There is also a note somewhere about updating the the LRS -> LRF converter.

Does it load all the text in the BD window? Did you check the output in the CONNECT software or on the Reader? I have found that the number of pages given in BD are far from the number I get on the Reader. For example, I just converted TE Lawrence's 7 Pillars of Wisdom and BD said I had ~480 pages and the Reader said I had 1,800+ pages.
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 10:02 PM   #32
Aprilbeginnings
Guru
Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS-500 /prs 650 soon
Quote:
Originally Posted by RWood
To make it work right you need to install the original BD4 files that are included with the installer routine. Then unzip the latest update and copy this to the BD folder in "Program Files". While it does replace many of the files, I am not sure if it is a complete replacement. There is also a note somewhere about updating the the LRS -> LRF converter.

Does it load all the text in the BD window? Did you check the output in the CONNECT software or on the Reader? I have found that the number of pages given in BD are far from the number I get on the Reader. For example, I just converted TE Lawrence's 7 Pillars of Wisdom and BD said I had ~480 pages and the Reader said I had 1,800+ pages.
Okay I did install the original....... I did not install the updates the second time around. I removed it..... re-installed the first version then I found the upgrade for the sony reader and just installed those files over the original..... If there are more files that need to be in here I am totally lost and I wish someone would post all the files starting from first to last that need to be used........

Yes the whole book loads in the converter........ in the sony reader it's only saving like 27 pages...... yes I checked and that is how I know it's not working 27 pages is a far cry from some way over 200...... again I did get it to work with one book, it's on the other thread running around here, but I have tried others and I get the same result, only a few pages...... it's always doing only 27 or 30 pages, nothing higher.
Aprilbeginnings is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-23-2007, 10:08 PM   #33
Aprilbeginnings
Guru
Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

ya know what, I have the original and three updates which is the newest.... maybe I will once again remove the program and start from scratch doing all the updates and see what happens.....
Old 03-23-2007, 11:14 PM   #34
Aprilbeginnings
Guru

I removed the program and installed each program and update which equals for of them (that I know of)........ It still will not work. You don't know how maddening this is to me because I am the sort of person that wants to know WHY and since it worked for one file, why not others........ the file that converted fine was a .lit file...... I tried .rft......... txt and then after the reinstall I just now tried a different .lit book and it only converted 14 pages.......

I am calling it a night..... my brains are fried..... so if there are other updates that I don't know about......... What is this update about the LRS - > LRF converter and whatever the heck that is..........
Old 03-24-2007, 03:29 AM   #35
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
On the "Make Sony Reader" screen are you sure that you're pressing the "Make" button, rather than the "Test" button? The "Test" button only does the first few pages.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-24-2007, 09:34 AM   #36
Aprilbeginnings
Guru

Yes......... I do the test button and have also did the make button, but I will try it again before I click the send post button. Oh Harry I love you......... ha ha, I guess looking at the sample was the problem...... I just made two fo them...... I do have one book that wants to keep running in a loop, something is wrong with this book for some reason, maybe something I converted from html to rtf? at the bottom when the program tries to convert it I see html0 or something like that and the numbers just keep running in a loop... I won't worry too much about that one.

I just did another to be sure........ worked.... thank you thank you Harry..... ha ha, boy do I feel stupid, well sort of.....

Old 03-24-2007, 09:59 AM   #37
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I am completely at a loss for words, which is a rare occurance for me .
Old 03-24-2007, 10:09 AM   #38
Aprilbeginnings
Guru

Yea well I am at a loss of words too over that stupid mistake of mine, although I could have swore I did try to MAKE and it was still short....either way, it's working now.

Is there a way to turn off that POP sound when it does the TEST? Scares the birds, or do I just need to MUTE my sounds while doing this?
Old 03-24-2007, 10:16 AM   #39
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Quote:
Is there a way to turn off that POP sound when it does the TEST? Scares the birds, or do I just need to MUTE my sounds while doing this?
Click the "Settings" toolbar button (the one with the screwdriver on it) and clear the "Play Sounds" check box.
Old 03-24-2007, 10:20 AM   #40
Aprilbeginnings
Guru

Thank you..... now that was easy........... done deal..........
Old 03-24-2007, 11:08 AM   #41
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Quote:
Is there a way to turn off that POP sound when it does the TEST? Scares the birds....
Stupid thing makes me jump. But thanks to Harry, I can now turn it off too!

I'm glad you two got it worked out, I've learned quite a bit from the discussion myself. I'm getting closer to finding the settings to do control the bits I don't like.

Is there anyway to tell it to center text without it being some special markup? Or is labeling it 'Verse' the closest I'm gonna get? -- never mind, found it.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 11:27 AM   #42
Aprilbeginnings
Guru

I am glad too NatCH....... I could have swore I did Make a book, put it on the reader only to find it only 27 something pages....... unless it was the test page I accidently moved over to the library, LOL...... Live and learn .
Oh and I love that I can have any font I want now in the reader, whhoooppeeee.. I need to find a favorite though, if there can be one. <G>
Old 03-24-2007, 12:02 PM   #43
Aprilbeginnings
Guru

Just playing with this thing now I wanted to try a fancy looking font.... it's not showing up in the reader, looks like anything else, does say it can be embedded. Oh well this is the least of my worries, I do like this program.

Are their any rules to the fonts?
Old 03-24-2007, 05:07 PM   #44
vvaann
Enthusiast
vvaann began at the beginning.

One more trick - you can load rtf, txt, html into BD without any converting to another format.
Fonts that you want to embed should be installed into Font dirictory of your WindowsXP. BD just takes fonts from the system.
vvaann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 05:44 PM   #45
Aprilbeginnings
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvaann
One more trick - you can load rtf, txt, html into BD without any converting to another format.
Fonts that you want to embed should be installed into Font dirictory of your WindowsXP. BD just takes fonts from the system.
Yes it only makes sense since you use the program and click on the fonts that are on your system. But I do have at least one font at this moment on my computer but it will not show up in bookreader...... that font is BernardMod BT It just will not work...... I am sure not a font that I would want to use, but I am trying to see what fonts will and what looks nice.

It is nice we no longer need to convert, did that include LIT files as well or do we need to use amber for that? Oh wait, not it did LIT fonts as well, it was one of the ones I was working on yesterday that I was successful with...

Tags
bookdesigner