Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 03-23-2007, 11:44 AM   #16
Aprilbeginnings
Guru
Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS-500 /prs 650 soon
oh, when I was trying to adjust things and that POP sound goes off (unexpected) all my birds scattered all over the back room, scared the crap out of them!! LOL
Aprilbeginnings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 11:45 AM   #17
Aprilbeginnings
Guru
Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

oh you know I have version 4.0 so where the heck is version 5.0? like I said it takes me to some russion sight so I can't read it.....maybe I need to go through all these threads?
Advert
Old 03-23-2007, 12:13 PM   #18
diabloNL
Gadget Force®
diabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with others

Device: Sony PRS-300 + Cybook with funny screen :P
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT
On the "Options" tab of the "Make Sony Reader" dialog you can set the font used for each "element". You can't add new fonts, but you can select from the internal fonts. For example, I prefer my books to use the "Swiss" font for basic text, and that works fine.
Thanks Harry. I should have been more clear with my question. I knew that part of the "options" tab, but I want to make the first letter of the paragraph bigger and I don't know how to do it. If it is even possible.
diabloNL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 12:27 PM   #19
Aprilbeginnings
Guru

Okay made my first conversion and seems to look good. Now to figure out how to change the fonts on the thing........ slowly but surely I am getting there <G>
Old 03-23-2007, 01:10 PM   #20
Aprilbeginnings
Guru

hmmmmm, think I like this program now...... I have about 20 books loaded on my reader...... after I finish the one I am reading I may just have to delete all the others and start over from scratch and use this program...
Advert
Old 03-23-2007, 01:36 PM   #21
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
One of the great things about BD and LRF files is that the files are smaller than RTF. On many of them they are only 10% the size of the RTF and seldom are they more than 25% of the RTF. I currently have 43 books loaded and still have over 65 MB of space on the internal memory.

I think we need to start a cheat sheet or best practices for BD.
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 02:21 PM   #22
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by RWood
I think we need to start a cheat sheet or best practices for BD.
Your next Wiki project?
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 02:54 PM   #23
Aprilbeginnings
Guru

ya know if anyone get the perfect sizing you can save it and could share? I would love the top and bottom margins to fit the screen better...... wasting space on the bottom that could hold a few more lines...... I have played with it with all aspects but I guess I don't get it yet....... <sigh> Hell I have been playing more with this program today than I have done anything else................ don't know if that is a good or a bad thing, LOL
Old 03-23-2007, 04:48 PM   #24
Aprilbeginnings
Guru

Okay I found a new snag........ I converted a book and thought it was all nice and dandy..... appears it only converted 31 pages......... ha ha, well this book is longer than 31 pages............. how do I get this thing to convert the whole book?
Old 03-23-2007, 05:03 PM   #25
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aprilbeginnings
Okay I found a new snag........ I converted a book and thought it was all nice and dandy..... appears it only converted 31 pages......... ha ha, well this book is longer than 31 pages............. how do I get this thing to convert the whole book?
What format was the book in?

BD5 seems to currently have problem with linked HTML files, it takes the root and ignores the rest. I have had to build consolidated HTML files to get around this problem. Also CSS seem to dive it to fits at times.
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 05:35 PM   #26
Aprilbeginnings
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWood
What format was the book in?

BD5 seems to currently have problem with linked HTML files, it takes the root and ignores the rest. I have had to build consolidated HTML files to get around this problem. Also CSS seem to dive it to fits at times.
It was a .txt file.........
Old 03-23-2007, 05:53 PM   #27
Aprilbeginnings
Guru

I just changed this txt file to an rtf file and ran it........ now It saved 27 pages.....I must be missing a setting somewhere..... although if I loaded up the whole book, it's not saving the whole book. Bummer!
Old 03-23-2007, 06:53 PM   #28
Aprilbeginnings
Guru

Well I was able to make it work on A BOOK, tried something different and it worked..... tried yet another and it didn't... so very strange indeed.... I may be just loaded up my stuff the regular old way now regardless. <sigh>
Old 03-23-2007, 07:48 PM   #29
bkilian
Zealot
bkilian can name that song in three notesbkilian can name that song in three notesbkilian can name that song in three notesbkilian can name that song in three notesbkilian can name that song in three notesbkilian can name that song in three notesbkilian can name that song in three notesbkilian can name that song in three notesbkilian can name that song in three notesbkilian can name that song in three notesbkilian can name that song in three notes

Device: Sony PRS/505
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aprilbeginnings
Well I was able to make it work on A BOOK, tried something different and it worked..... tried yet another and it didn't... so very strange indeed.... I may be just loaded up my stuff the regular old way now regardless. <sigh>
You have the old BD, it had a number of bugs in it's Librie routines. You really need the latest update, and use the "Make Sony Reader" menu. It's significantly faster, easier to use, and produces _much_ better books.

What OS are you using? I had a lot of problems in Vista, but I've had no hassles in XP.
bkilian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 07:51 PM   #30
Aprilbeginnings
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkilian
You have the old BD, it had a number of bugs in it's Librie routines. You really need the latest update, and use the "Make Sony Reader" menu. It's significantly faster, easier to use, and produces _much_ better books.

What OS are you using? I had a lot of problems in Vista, but I've had no hassles in XP.
I do have the update, have the sony reader button on the top toolbar...... I removed the old one and installed from scratch again....... So this time I was able to do it with one book, all the rest it's only doing 27 pages or so.

I am using windows XP

Tags
bookdesigner