Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader > Sony Reader Dev Corner

Notices

Old 05-28-2013, 10:49 PM   #31
cat3na
n00by
cat3na began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-T1
Does anyone know the steps for following the above on a mac? Help please! Super n00b here
cat3na is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 03:30 AM   #32
corel
corel began at the beginning.

Device: Sony T1
Can one safely upgrade from 1.0.04.12210 to 1.0.05.11130 using Sonys official upgrade exe? Im following Rupors new-ish post with his guide.
corel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 08:08 AM   #33
rupor
meat popsicle
rupor rocks like Gibraltar!rupor rocks like Gibraltar!rupor rocks like Gibraltar!rupor rocks like Gibraltar!rupor rocks like Gibraltar!rupor rocks like Gibraltar!rupor rocks like Gibraltar!rupor rocks like Gibraltar!rupor rocks like Gibraltar!rupor rocks like Gibraltar!rupor rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: Kindles, Pixels, iPads
Before upgrading to 1.0.05 with official Sony firmware updater you need to return device into "pristine" state with 1.0.04 firmware - no root or anything else using proper porkupan restoration packages. Then and ONLY then you will be able to properly install Sony upgrade and install of AMR (version for 1.0.05) should follow. I recommend doing full backup before all of that.
rupor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 01:56 AM   #34
corel
corel began at the beginning.

Device: Sony T1
I was not yet rooted on .04, so I will do a factory upgrade to .05 then backup.

I will buy a MicroSD today and load the rescue7 files to backup.

Thanks rupor!
corel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 05:26 AM   #35
requiem_mortis
requiem_mortis began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
I've upraded to 1.0.05 and re-rooted - I was cleaning up some of the useless apps as per MCSmarties guide and was wondering if these can be uninstalled without causing grief

Calendar 2.2.1 & Calendar Strorage 2.2.1

Since there is no Calendar on the E-Reader and I don't propose to add one either ?
requiem_mortis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 12:40 PM   #36
elhnad
elhnad began at the beginning.

Device: prs t1
not understanding a step

in the directions
at step B it says

after downloading restore set 1.0.04......
- run flash_reader.bat. VERIFY THE TARGET PATH ("READER"), click Y.

i don't have a idea what it means to
"VERIFY THE TARGET PATH ("READER")"

i run flash reader.bat and the only thing it says
"device is not ready
script is not complete"

so i'm not sure where to verify the target path option is

it doesn't seem like this step is too important since i believe i followed the directions up to this point ok (except for registering the device with sony!)

any help would be great.
Thanks so much!
elhnad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 01:38 PM   #37
elhnad
elhnad began at the beginning.

Device: prs t1
bat issue figured, limited apps installed

so my .bat issue was resolved by doing two steps in reverse order

I first opened the .bat file as administrator and then plugged the reader into the usb...doing the opposite way never gave me the right screens

after installing it, almost everything seems good, except i can't install a lot of apps for some reason. It keeps saying low on phone space. The place where i'm installing these apps seem to be the 1.4 gb reader space not the small 10mb settings space. It seems when I've installed about 20mb of apps it won't let me install anymore.

Apps2SD has only been able to move a portion of titanium backup to the SD card
Gmail, ebookdroid and repligo have been unaffected and i think it's why i can't install any more apps

had to uninstall dropbox to make room for other apps
elhnad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 12:41 AM   #38
Flaco05
Flaco05 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Flaco05 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Flaco05 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Flaco05 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Flaco05 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Flaco05 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Flaco05 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Flaco05 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Flaco05 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Flaco05 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Flaco05 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Aura HD, PRS-T1
I am having the same problem (running out of space after installing a few apps. Any solution here? Do we need to somehow re-partition the internal storage? Also, how do we get android to recognize an external SD card? The reader recognizes my 4 GB card (formatted in windows), but android does not.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Last edited by Flaco05; 02-24-2014 at 01:12 AM.
Flaco05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 04:14 PM   #39
RVice
RVice began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-T1
How to build images

Hello All,

How does one go about modifying the images? I would like to work on getting the 1.06 version rooted.

Thanks
RVice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 02:31 AM   #40
spiritshaman14
spiritshaman14 began at the beginning.

Device: wintouch q75
I've just got a sony prs t1 and I want to root it since the music player on the device isn't as functional as I need. I want to read the books while listening to their audio books but after I inserted a 64gb fat32-formatted SD card and copied 6gb of audio files, the device got unbearably laggy as I tried to open the audio files and I reckoned maybe rooting and installing a new audio player might help.
but all the instructions I find online are about 1.0.04.12210 firmware and mine is 1.0.05.11130. I wonder if I can apply the instructions on my device without bricking it?
Do I need to downgrade to 1.0.04? if so how?
spiritshaman14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2019, 10:41 AM   #41
Sannepan
Sannepan began at the beginning.

Device: BeBook Mini, Sony prs-t1, kobo aura
I think a 64 GB SD is too much to handle for this allmost ancient device��
Sannepan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2022, 11:05 AM   #42
Spinningwoman
Connoisseur
Spinningwoman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spinningwoman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spinningwoman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spinningwoman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spinningwoman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spinningwoman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spinningwoman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spinningwoman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spinningwoman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spinningwoman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spinningwoman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony prs-t1
Has anyone done this recently? Are the resources still available, and would there be app versions that would still run? I used to have a Sony TRs-1 rooted to allow me to run the Kindle app on it, but on getting it out to play with recently, something had obviously happened to the SD card. In the end the only way I could get it to work was to remove the SD card, download the latest Sony firmware and clear it back to scratch. I’ve got later e-readers, but this would still fill a small niche in my eco- system if I could read Kindle and Kobo on it directly. Even more so if I could add an app that did tts like moon+ Reader, but that’s probably asking too much!
Spinningwoman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
amr, android market, apps, rooting, rupor