Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 06-25-2010, 04:22 PM   #1
jwadle
jwadle began at the beginning.

Device: ipad
Ipad conversion settings

Hello all,

I am very new to this forum and to using Calibre. I was wondering if anyone has had any issues when converting a PDF to EPUB via calibre with returns being int he middle of the sentance for no reason.. For exampe

bla blabla bla
bla bla bla bla blabl. bla bl bal bal bla bl bal balbla bl bal balbla bl bal balbla bl bal balbla bl bal balbla bl bal bal
bla bl bal balbla bl bal balbla bl bal balbla bl bal bal. bla bl bal balbla bl bal bal
bla bl bal bal
bla bl bal balbla bl bal balbla bl bal bal.

I used the Ipad sett... If I convert the same file online with Epub2go, it comes out perfect... I would love to do that, but I have a lot of PDFs that I want to convert.. Also I know the new version of IBooks support PDF, but I like the way the EPUBs look in ibooks..

Thanks for any help or suggestions
jwadle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 04:30 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
you need to play a little with the unwrap factor setting in the pdf conversion options under PDF Output
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-25-2010, 04:46 PM   #3
jwadle

Thanks for the quick response... Did you mean Line Un-Wrapping Factor in PDF Input.. I cant find that setting in PDF output
Old 06-25-2010, 04:48 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
yes, sorry, typo.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 04:50 PM   #5
jwadle

Thanks... That did it!!
Advert
Old 06-25-2010, 09:13 PM   #6
JMikeD
Evangelist
JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: Various and sundry
What did you set it at? I've played with that setting and didn't find that it had any noticeable effect.
JMikeD is offline   Reply With Quote