Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 05-18-2016, 09:55 AM   #1
earthtoamira
earthtoamira began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Book covers disappear on kindle device

Hi, I'm using calibre to transfer my ebooks to my kindle and everything works fine on calibre - I can download and edit the metadata of the books, which includes the book covers.

However, after transferring my ebooks to my kindle, the book covers appear for about 5 seconds before they all start disappearing one by one. I can read the book fine but the fact that there are no covers honestly gets on my nerves. I've tried everything but nothing works. i'm using the mobi format for my books. This just started happening, everything was ok before this, my previous downloaded books are all in tact with their covers.

Does anyone know whats wrong and how I can fix it???
earthtoamira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2016, 11:14 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
http://manual.calibre-ebook.com/faq....droid-ipad-etc
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-24-2017, 08:01 PM   #3
GRBTA
GRBTA began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 6th edition?
I lost all covers in my Kindle App on Android. The books were completely blank with little to no information about what the book even was. after checking all settings, etc. in the app and trying to figure out if my data had moved to my SD card (it didn't). I did the remarkably high tech thing and uninstalled the app. When it came back up all books were there. I "opened" the books one at a time and covers etc. returned. This is the first time I have experienced this. Interestingly on my Kindle and an android tablet the books were fine during this period. So, to quote the universal solution from "The IT Crowd" "Hello IT, have you tried turning it off and then on again?"
GRBTA is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
book, calibre, covers, kindle