Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 12-02-2011, 05:36 PM   #1
cheveguerra
cheveguerra began at the beginning.

Device: WM6
Custom column not recognized in "Sending books to devices"

Hi everybody,

I have a strange problem, sometime ago I saved a template in the /preferences/Sending books to devices/ menu, I think it was this one:

{author_sort}/{#seriesshort}{#seriesshort_index:0>2s||-}{title} - {author_sort}

and it worked, I have a lot of books in my phone with that format to prove it

But just yesterday I uploaded some more books and though the "metadata plugboard" shows the correct info (something like this "KL02-Deserter"), the actual file in the card gets created in this path:

"Shepherd, Mike/Deserter - Mike Shepherd.epub"

and it should be:

"Shepherd, Mike/KL02 - Deserter - Mike Shepherd.epub"

The seriesshort info is missing! (seriesshort is the column that has just the initials of the complete name of the series)

So I went to the preferences/Sending books to devices/ menu and when I clickon the "Template Editor" button, it says:

EXCEPTION: Value: unknown field #seriesshort

So what am I doing wrong that I wasn't doing before? Why does it say that it does not recognize the custom column when the "metaplugboard" does recognize it?

Regards

Jose Alberto Guerra
cheveguerra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 06:27 AM   #2
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
What version of calibre are you running?

What is the value for the save template in the plugin for your device? (preferences -> advanced -> device interface plugins -> whatever device you are using)
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-05-2011, 11:40 AM   #3
cheveguerra

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
What version of calibre are you running?

What is the value for the save template in the plugin for your device? (preferences -> advanced -> device interface plugins -> whatever device you are using)
Ok, I checked and it has the "original" template, I changed that and now everything is working fine, thank you!!!

So if I wanted to have a "General Save Template" what should I do?

Maybe leave blank the "save template" in "Preferences -> advanced -> device interface plugins -> whatever device you are using"??

or do I have to check the "device interface plugins" of the devices I use and make sure that they have the correct "Save Template".

Regards

Jose Alberto Guerra
Old 12-05-2011, 01:35 PM   #4
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheveguerra View Post
So if I wanted to have a "General Save Template" what should I do?

Maybe leave blank the "save template" in "Preferences -> advanced -> device interface plugins -> whatever device you are using"??

or do I have to check the "device interface plugins" of the devices I use and make sure that they have the correct "Save Template".
I looked at the code, and yes, setting the save template to blank in a device plugin template will work.

Note that you don't need to do this if you have never touched a device plugin. The plugin's value only comes into play if you have opened the plugin's customization dialog, changed something (anything), and saved it.

Also note that you can delete a device plugin's configuration. If you go to your calibre configuration directory, you will see a set of "device_drivers_*.py" files. Deleting one of these files deletes all the configuration information for that device plugin.

Last edited by chaley; 12-06-2011 at 03:21 AM. Reason: Correct capitalization
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 01:58 PM   #5
cheveguerra

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
I looked at the code, and yes, setting the save template to blank in a device plugin template will work.

Note that you don't need to do this if you have never touched a device plugin. The plugin's value only comes into play if you have opened the plugin's customization dialog, changed something (anything), and saved it.

Also note that you can delete a device plugin's configuration. if you go to your calibre configuration directory, you will see a set of "device_drivers_*.py" files. Deleting one of these files deletes all the configuration information for that device plugin.
Ok, thank you!!

Last edited by chaley; 12-06-2011 at 03:21 AM. Reason: Fix capitalization
Advert

Tags
custom column, sending books to devices