Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 12-03-2019, 08:52 PM   #1
troyrich2
troyrich2 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle oasis 3
Oasis 3 uneven lighting in corners ?

Does anyone else have dark spots in the corners of their oasis 3( the side with the buttons)? it's more noticable with brightness on maximum. I assumed the uneven lighting on the kindles would be gone since this model has 25 leds.
troyrich2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2019, 09:16 PM   #2
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by troyrich2 View Post
Does anyone else have dark spots in the corners of their oasis 3( the side with the buttons)? it's more noticable with brightness on maximum. I assumed the uneven lighting on the kindles would be gone since this model has 25 leds.
Not on mine. No spots anywhere.

Did you get yours recently? If so, then it seems that contrary to the normal course of such things the initial run of the Oasis 3 had the best screens. The complaints about lighting problems started with later purchases.
Sirtel is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-03-2019, 09:26 PM   #3
OtinG
Old Gadget Guy
OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, iPhone 13 Pro Max, iPad mini 6, iPad Air 2020, Alexa Devices
No dark spots on mine either. I just got mine a few days ago.
OtinG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2019, 10:40 PM   #4
troyrich2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirtel View Post
Not on mine. No spots anywhere.

Did you get yours recently? If so, then it seems that contrary to the normal course of such things the initial run of the Oasis 3 had the best screens. The complaints about lighting problems started with later purchases.
Yeah I got mine yesterday, I messaged amazon about a replacement but they said it would be a month before It gets here l, I'm considering just keeping it.
Old 12-04-2019, 12:04 AM   #5
pghaworth
Fervent Pleasure Seeker
pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD
Quote:
Yeah I got mine yesterday, I messaged amazon about a replacement but they said it would be a month before It gets here l, I'm considering just keeping it.
you have until 1/31/2020 to return it. ask for an exchange, you can do that yourself in your orders, and the replacement should be here by the time your return period ends. if not, you can make your keep/return decision at that point or contact Amazon to see if they can speed up your replacement. then you can keep the best of the two.

I used to order three and choose between but harder to do with an Oasis.
pghaworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-04-2019, 12:45 AM   #6
OtinG
Old Gadget Guy
OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

It appears that the Black Friday sale depleted Amazon’s stock of Oasis 3’s and they now show them back in stock on December 25. So that is probably why they said it will take a month to get a replacement delivered. Normally they would send a replacement immediately, but if they are out of stock they can’t.
Old 12-04-2019, 01:36 AM   #7
pghaworth
Fervent Pleasure Seeker
pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

now I'm worried about the quality of my screen...
Old 12-04-2019, 04:21 PM   #8
troyrich2

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghaworth View Post
you have until 1/31/2020 to return it. ask for an exchange, you can do that yourself in your orders, and the replacement should be here by the time your return period ends. if not, you can make your keep/return decision at that point or contact Amazon to see if they can speed up your replacement. then you can keep the best of the two.

I used to order three and choose between but harder to do with an Oasis.
I got an email this morning from Amazon telling me they made a mistake about the timing of things and to contact their support again. Theyre sending a replacement that will be here on the 9th and I have 30 days to send my old one back. I asked about keeping the old one if the new one has worse lighting issues but they told me no and I'll have to send the old one back and contact their support if I have problems with the new one
Old 12-04-2019, 04:55 PM   #9
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
I got an email this morning from Amazon telling me they made a mistake about the timing of things and to contact their support again. Theyre sending a replacement that will be here on the 9th and I have 30 days to send my old one back. I asked about keeping the old one if the new one has worse lighting issues but they told me no and I'll have to send the old one back and contact their support if I have problems with the new one

Make certain that's not a Refurb you're getting.
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2019, 07:41 PM   #10
OtinG
Old Gadget Guy

My new Oasis 3 just developed a 1 pixel vertical line across the screen. I’m returning it. I had hoped the days a getting bad Kindles was over...but I guess not. I’m not getting a replacement.
Old 12-04-2019, 08:17 PM   #11
troyrich2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
Make certain that's not a Refurb you're getting.
As it turns you were right. They were sending me a refurbished Kindle... I had to sit through their customer support chat for 2 hours and 50 minutes before I could get them to send me a brand new one. they flat out refused multiple times and transfered me around to different people until someone finally canceled the exchange. they said when it's in stock on December 25th they will send me a brand new one and email me with instructions for sending mine back. I'm not exaggerating when I said it took 2 hours and 50 minutes, I counted it
Old 12-04-2019, 09:44 PM   #12
OtinG
Old Gadget Guy

Quote:
As it turns you were right. They were sending me a refurbished Kindle... I had to sit through their customer support chat for 2 hours and 50 minutes before I could get them to send me a brand new one. they flat out refused multiple times and transfered me around to different people until someone finally canceled the exchange. they said when it's in stock on December 25th they will send me a brand new one and email me with instructions for sending mine back. I'm not exaggerating when I said it took 2 hours and 50 minutes, I counted it
I spent over two hours with their CS today for a separate issue, then my Oasis developed a thin 1 pixel wide vertical line across the screen, so I had to call them back. I’m getting a replacement on the 9th and the invoice says it is a new unit, but I’m doubtful it will be. I suspect it will be a refurbished unit. If it is refurbished it will be sent back as a return and I won’t ask for another replacement. I played that game with Amazon with the PW1 and PW2 models and finally just gave up on them. I’m giving them one chance to make this right.
Old 12-05-2019, 12:12 AM   #13
pghaworth
Fervent Pleasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by OtinG View Post
I spent over two hours with their CS today for a separate issue, then my Oasis developed a thin 1 pixel wide vertical line across the screen, so I had to call them back. I’m getting a replacement on the 9th and the invoice says it is a new unit, but I’m doubtful it will be. I suspect it will be a refurbished unit. If it is refurbished it will be sent back as a return and I won’t ask for another replacement. I played that game with Amazon with the PW1 and PW2 models and finally just gave up on them. I’m giving them one chance to make this right.
very sorry to hear this!

this Oasis is messing up too. won't hold settings I put in place and keeps reverting.
Old 12-05-2019, 07:14 AM   #14
OtinG
Old Gadget Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghaworth View Post
very sorry to hear this!

this Oasis is messing up too. won't hold settings I put in place and keeps reverting.
What issues are you having? Maybe we can help out. CS doesn’t always know the answers and even when they do it is usually a PITA to make those calls. I do think that the menu system on the Oasis is way too complicated and they have placed options in hard to find locations. It took we a while to find the settings I needed to get the Oasis set up the way I like it to be.
Old 12-05-2019, 07:52 AM   #15
pghaworth
Fervent Pleasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by OtinG View Post
What issues are you having? Maybe we can help out. CS doesn’t always know the answers and even when they do it is usually a PITA to make those calls. I do think that the menu system on the Oasis is way too complicated and they have placed options in hard to find locations. It took we a while to find the settings I needed to get the Oasis set up the way I like it to be.
thank you, but it's 99% going back until they offer one without metal backing. the sharp edges might as well be razor blades for me.

I turn pages numbers off and in no time they are back on. if I pick it up it goes forward multiple chapters. did that last night and this morning, and I did not touch the screen or the buttons. I was on chapter 8 and was suddenly on chapter 40. this was just unplugging it. not good for me at all. and the sharp edges are eating me up.

eta - if I could find a full back silicone back cover that wraps to the front like the PW latest gen, then that would solve the edges problem, but I would still need a replacement.