Kobo Nickel 9 6.77%
Malabar 16 12.03%
Kobo UD Kakugo 6 4.51%
Open Dyslexic 2 1.50%
Voters: 133. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-12-2018, 10:21 AM   #46
the.Mtn.Man
Guru
the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura
Thanks to this thread, I now have a new favorite ereader font: Noto Sans. Ha ha!
the.Mtn.Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 01:07 PM   #47
RJAJ
RJAJ began at the beginning.

Device: KA1
Is it a must to install all of the fonts within the font family (bold, italic etc) or can I install just the regular version of the font? Thanks.
RJAJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-12-2018, 01:34 PM   #48
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJAJ View Post
Is it a must to install all of the fonts within the font family (bold, italic etc) or can I install just the regular version of the font? Thanks.
If you're reading your books as kepubs then the kepub rendering app will try to pseudo-create italic/bold from whatever files it can find for this font-family. (Personally, I really dislike pseudo-italics)

However, the Adobe rendering app for standard epubs needs all 4 files to be present if you want to be able to see regular, italic, bold, bolditalic.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 01:47 PM   #49
PurpleStar
Wizard
PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Clara 2E
I tried a bunch of others, Kobo Nickel (which is nice, but spaced out so much it makes really long chapters), Caecilia, ChareInk. Noto Sans, but nope I'm back to Amasis. I'm just too used to it I guess.
PurpleStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 10:10 AM   #50
Squirsier
Addict
Squirsier juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseSquirsier juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseSquirsier juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseSquirsier juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseSquirsier juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseSquirsier juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseSquirsier juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseSquirsier juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseSquirsier juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseSquirsier juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseSquirsier juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercise

Device: Sony: PRS-300, PRS-350. Kobo: Aura v2, Clara HD, Libra 2
I personally simply truly love Merriweather.

Merriweather
Squirsier is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-16-2018, 12:38 PM   #51
Michal Jancik
Sorry for my English
Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KOBO H2O,Inkpad 4,ONYX Leaf 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squirsier View Post
I personally simply truly love Merriweather.

Merriweather

I come to test it, it is not bad. I did not know him thank you ;-)
(pretty discovery)

Last edited by Michal Jancik; 10-16-2018 at 12:40 PM.
Michal Jancik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 02:03 PM   #52
Maritimer555
Maritimer555 began at the beginning.

Device: Forma, Aura One, Kobo Glo, Kobo Touch, Sony T1 and prs 350
Hi

I could use some help. I have a few new fonts (new to me) that i want to add to my Aura One. I have looked at several you tube tutorials. for some reason I cannot find the existing "Font" folder when i open the reader in my windows 10 explorer.i assumed there would be a stand alone folder within some of the other folders on explorer. are they hidden somewhere ?
Maritimer555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 02:09 PM   #53
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maritimer555 View Post
Hi

I could use some help. I have a few new fonts (new to me) that i want to add to my Aura One. I have looked at several you tube tutorials. for some reason I cannot find the existing "Font" folder when i open the reader in my windows 10 explorer.i assumed there would be a stand alone folder within some of the other folders on explorer. are they hidden somewhere ?
No, you will need to create the new folder yourself.

Post #1 of this thread might be useful if you're new to all this, particularly the contents of the first spoiler.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 02:11 PM   #54
Maritimer555

ok i did that and then added the 8 files i wanted and moved them to the "font" folder and for some reason i cant see them on the reader
Old 10-16-2018, 02:21 PM   #55
ps67
Guru
ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Elipsa, Pocketbook Color PB633, Inkpad Color
Quote:
ok i did that and then added the 8 files i wanted and moved them to the "font" folder and for some reason i cant see them on the reader
the folder name must be: "fonts", not "font".
ps67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 02:30 PM   #56
Maritimer555

Quote:
Originally Posted by ps67 View Post
Hi Again and sorry to be a bother.

I have done this before but with a new PC and a new reader i have to relearn it all again.

The folder is called fonts. Ii placed it as a stand alone folder with 5 other folders which are named; certificates,dict,guide,kepub,kobo and several other (9) files.

Thanks for helping me.
Old 10-16-2018, 03:00 PM   #57
ps67
Guru
ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Hi Again and sorry to be a bother.

I have done this before but with a new PC and a new reader i have to relearn it all again.

The folder is called fonts. Ii placed it as a stand alone folder with 5 other folders which are named; certificates,dict,guide,kepub,kobo and several other (9) files.

Thanks for helping me.
This is not the right place, create it on the root folder of kobo (letter D or F or what is it), not in the ".kobo" folder.

when you resolved let us know which fonts did you added to your Kobo

Last edited by ps67; 10-16-2018 at 03:21 PM.
Old 10-16-2018, 03:54 PM   #58
sjfan
Addict
sjfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sjfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sjfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sjfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sjfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sjfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sjfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sjfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sjfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sjfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sjfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H20, Kobo Clara HD
ChareInk most of the time, Fontin for a change of pace.
sjfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 05:47 PM   #59
robko
Wizard
robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by ps67 View Post
And if memory serves, it all has to be lower case as well (I mention that since the OP initially mentioned not finding the "Font" folder).
robko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 06:30 PM   #60
ps67
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by robko View Post
And if memory serves, it all has to be lower case as well (I mention that since the OP initially mentioned not finding the "Font" folder).

Last edited by ps67; 10-16-2018 at 06:32 PM.