Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-30-2017, 06:11 PM   #286
Atunah
Wizard
Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1/K3/BasicK Voyage/Oasis1/Oasis3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Illyria View Post
That's exactly what's happening on my K7 and PW3 as well. The strange thing is that I can still access the wishlist from all the old non-touch models. Thus I'm inclined to believe the issue is related to the update, as it worked just fine before it.
Yes, mine worked before the update also. In fact I had just checked my wishlists before I put the update on. So I hope this gets fixed soon. Its the only place for wishlists where I can see right away if a book is in KU or not. Without having to click on every single book one by one, like I have to on the website.

Not sure why it seems to work for some still even after the update, but not for us. If it was the update that broke the link, why wouldn't it have broken it for all.
Atunah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2017, 06:34 PM   #287
Illyria
Connoisseur
Illyria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Illyria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Illyria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Illyria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Illyria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Illyria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Illyria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Illyria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Illyria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Illyria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Illyria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KK, K5, K7, KPW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atunah View Post
Yes, mine worked before the update also. In fact I had just checked my wishlists before I put the update on. So I hope this gets fixed soon. Its the only place for wishlists where I can see right away if a book is in KU or not. Without having to click on every single book one by one, like I have to on the website.

Not sure why it seems to work for some still even after the update, but not for us. If it was the update that broke the link, why wouldn't it have broken it for all.
I just updated my Paperwhite to the newest software, 5.9.2., hoping that would fix the problem on that device at least. Still no luck though!

I've just been building a huge wishlist for KU because I want to try it soon. That's why I immediately noticed I can't access my wishlist after the update, I happily kept looking at all the KU books I would soon be reading.
Illyria is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-30-2017, 07:58 PM   #288
krazy4katz
Addict
krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: [Kindle 1, Kindle 3 (KK)], Kindle Voyage, iPad Pro
I tried to download 5.8.11 to my computer, as suggested here, but it seemed to be taking a long time, so I looked at the time estimate, and it was way over 24 hours. I was on my home wifi. How long has it taken for other people to download? Thank you! k4k
krazy4katz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2017, 11:38 PM   #289
Ricky D'Angelo
Fanatic
Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1, PRS-T-2, PRS 350, PRS 950; Kobo Mini; Kindle PW3, Fire 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by krazy4katz View Post
I tried to download 5.8.11 to my computer, as suggested here, but it seemed to be taking a long time, so I looked at the time estimate, and it was way over 24 hours. I was on my home wifi. How long has it taken for other people to download? Thank you! k4k
My Kindle Basic (7th Generation) took a couple of minutes to dowload the update over home wifi. I don't know if this download was going on in the background but I was reading it when I noticed the tree screen came on and it updated.
Ricky D'Angelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2017, 12:05 AM   #290
odamizu
just an egg
odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iOS
Quote:
Originally Posted by badgoodDeb View Post
If I later delete this FONT_RAMP file, will the kindle revert to built-in sizes? Just wondering about how to revert, if I don't like my experiment in font sizes. I've not had a problem with them, but I'm not averse to playing with a FONT_RAMP file if it can be reversed equally simply.
Yes, that's one of the nice things about FONT_RAMP. It's so easy to reverse (and revert). Just delete the file and restart your Kindle.
odamizu is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-31-2017, 02:24 AM   #291
Vmurph
Cat Whisperer
Vmurph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vmurph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vmurph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vmurph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vmurph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vmurph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vmurph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vmurph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vmurph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vmurph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vmurph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles Oasis 3, Kindle Oasis 1, and iPhone XS Max
Quote:
I just updated my Paperwhite to the newest software, 5.9.2., hoping that would fix the problem...
5.9.2? I thought 5.8.11 was the most recent.

--------

EDIT: oops, never mind. I see the post. I must've overlooked it before.

Last edited by Vmurph; 10-31-2017 at 02:27 AM.
Vmurph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2017, 02:53 AM   #292
Tony1988
Guru
Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony prs-350
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vmurph View Post
5.9.2? I thought 5.8.11 was the most recent.

--------

EDIT: oops, never mind. I see the post. I must've overlooked it before.
Look Three threads below this one......
Tony1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2017, 08:55 AM   #293
jmcd999
jmcd999 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
It applies in Canada--it just arrived on my device.
jmcd999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 12:05 PM   #294
Tendor
Tendor began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by jstm View Post
Hello
Did the Jailbreak Survive??
On my Paperwhite 2015 (PW3) the jailbreak survived.
Tendor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2017, 09:18 AM   #295
Isamilis
Connoisseur
Isamilis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Isamilis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Isamilis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Isamilis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Isamilis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Isamilis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Isamilis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Isamilis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Isamilis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Isamilis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Isamilis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 2015, Oasis, Paperwhite 2016
I might be wrong, but with 5.8.11, my kindles feel most responsive compared to other 5.8.x or 5.7.x. I tried in Oasis1 and PW3.
Isamilis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2017, 11:08 AM   #296
Atunah
Wizard
Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1/K3/BasicK Voyage/Oasis1/Oasis3
Quote:
I just updated my Paperwhite to the newest software, 5.9.2., hoping that would fix the problem on that device at least. Still no luck though!

I've just been building a huge wishlist for KU because I want to try it soon. That's why I immediately noticed I can't access my wishlist after the update, I happily kept looking at all the KU books I would soon be reading.
Just as an update, since we talked about the wishlist issue in this thread, it seems to be fixed now. When I got my new Oasis I also could not pull up wishlists anymore. Yesterday I tried again and it suddenly worked on my new Oasis. So I just checked the Voyage, which is on 5.8.11 and it also can now access wishlists again. Makes it so much easier to find the next KU read. Or any next read really.
Atunah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2017, 05:36 PM   #297
johnnyb
Cloud Reader
johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Kindle Scribe, iPad Pro 11
edited: posted in the wrong firmware thread
johnnyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2017, 02:52 PM   #298
Illyria
Connoisseur
Illyria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Illyria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Illyria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Illyria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Illyria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Illyria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Illyria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Illyria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Illyria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Illyria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Illyria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KK, K5, K7, KPW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atunah View Post
Just as an update, since we talked about the wishlist issue in this thread, it seems to be fixed now. When I got my new Oasis I also could not pull up wishlists anymore. Yesterday I tried again and it suddenly worked on my new Oasis. So I just checked the Voyage, which is on 5.8.11 and it also can now access wishlists again. Makes it so much easier to find the next KU read. Or any next read really.
It's working for me again, too.
Illyria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2017, 12:21 PM   #299
lloydlim996
lloydlim996 began at the beginning.

Device: KINDLE PW2
Unhappy KINDLE PW2

Hi,

I recently updated to 5.8.11 (Jailbroken) and had lost my jailbreak. I had thought that the device is acting up since I haven't used it in a long time so I decided to do a factory reset. Would you guys happen to know if i'm still jailbroken? What are my workarounds to this as I cannot open epub files anymore.

HELP!
lloydlim996 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2017, 12:29 PM   #300
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
Quote:
Originally Posted by lloydlim996 View Post
Hi,

I recently updated to 5.8.11 (Jailbroken) and had lost my jailbreak. I had thought that the device is acting up since I haven't used it in a long time so I decided to do a factory reset. Would you guys happen to know if i'm still jailbroken? What are my workarounds to this as I cannot open epub files anymore.

HELP!
Reset destroys the jailbreak.

You need to read the jailbreak threads in the developers sub-forum and ask there if you are still stuck.
j.p.s is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
font_ramp