Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe > enTourage Archive

Notices

Old 10-13-2010, 12:35 AM   #1
kimberlymavs
Edge User

eDGe wont fully load - getting Force Close message HELP, Desperate

I don't know what happened - I was using my eDGe at 3:30 today no problem and I shut it down until I got home to begin homework. When I turn it on it almost fully loads - all four dots fll and I see the screen locked page (on the bottom half only) and then screen goes back to the loading page with the 4 dots and I can see a pop up message has come up, but I can't read the message. using the track ball I can close it, but it just keeps popping back up. I can read that it says "force close" but I don't know what's the problem. Of course, this is my first problem with the eDGe and it's midterms. I'm desperate for help, all my notes and textbooks are on here.

I've tried swithching batteries - I have 2 - no battery, just plugged in. I don't know what else to do.
Thanks to anyone who can help. I'll call tech support in the moring, but if I could get this solved tonight it would be great.

Old 10-13-2010, 01:09 AM   #2
cheyennedonna
Edge User

Often that force close message in Android is related to a malfunctioning app or an overly full memory. Have you installed an app recently or do you have most of your memory full?

Advert
Old 10-13-2010, 01:10 AM   #3
Dr. T
Edge User

I'm no techie at all, but could you use the mini usbe to at least pull your files off for studying until you get the problem fixed? I realize it is a stop-gap, but it's all I've got.

Good luck!

Old 10-13-2010, 08:57 AM   #4
borisb
Edge User

The mini-usb link is a great idea, although I think you have to have the eDGe fully loaded so you can "mount" the USB connection. You may well need Tech Support's help to work this out.

Old 10-13-2010, 09:02 AM   #5
kimberlymavs
Edge User

I dont recall downloading anything or doing anything different, so I'm not sure what's up. I tried the mini usb thing too - but like you said - it has to fully loaded to work. I'm going to try calling now - so hopefully there is an easy solution. Thanks for the suggestions!

Advert
Old 10-13-2010, 09:26 AM   #6
borisb
Edge User

Let us know what the fix is, so we can pass it on to the next person

Old 10-14-2010, 05:53 AM   #7
MichaelV
Edge User

make regular backups of everything on SD card?

Old 10-14-2010, 05:54 AM   #8
MichaelV
Edge User

also should be a "safe mode" for android. I have it on my cheap chinese tablet, is a combination of keys on startup. will only load basic system no other programs.