Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 10-22-2015, 12:23 AM   #1
sailco12
sailco12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sailco12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sailco12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sailco12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sailco12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sailco12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sailco12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sailco12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sailco12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sailco12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sailco12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
Smile reading PDF files on an e-reader by convert to epub

The "k2pdfopt" software at http://willus.com/k2pdfopt/ is a real lifesaver for those wanting to read PDF files on their e-reader, especially those with 2 columns. It converts them to an e_pub file. However, apparently there is no traditional documentation section prominently linked from the present website.

The real instructions for usage seem to exist only in two videos. Unless people know that, they may give up on this fine software, so it would be better if the help page made this clear.

The video for Windows users is
"GETTING STARTED WITH THE WINDOWS GUI" at
http://www.willus.com/k2pdfopt/help/at.

For other users, see the video
"K2PDFOPT NATIVE PDF OUTPUT MODESK2PDFOPT NATIVE PDF OUTPUT MODES" at
http://www.willus.com/k2pdfopt/help/native.shtml

In particular, there is a help system which is displayed by running "k2pdfopt" in a terminal. It is shown beginning 214 seconds into the video.

It would also be great if the web page could link to instructions for Nook users. Their seems to be no mention of the Nook on the web site. As someone using Linux on the desktop and `Nook Simple Touch^ as a tablet, my method was to

download the correct file from http://www.willus.com/k2pdfopt/download/

install it by running sudo cp k2pdfopt /usr/local/bin

convert my 2 column PDF by running

k2pdfopt my.pdf -mode 2col -dev nookst -x

Until I realized that I needed to specify `native pdf output mode^ (the `-mode 2col^ includes this mode), all I saw on
my e-reader were question marks.
Old 10-22-2015, 04:44 AM   #2
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
There's a sticky thread for this software in the PDF forum. Please continue any discussion there.

Thread closed.
Closed Thread

Tags
epub, k2pdfopt, kindle, nook, pdf