Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 03-15-2017, 04:49 PM   #76
oren64
I need a chapter break
oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobo_Mao View Post
I have a Glo.
In the new FW 4.3.8945 I cannot install new dictionary.
I had that dictionary in the previous FW.
The sync clear new dictionary and it install official dictionary.
Sorry for my bad english.
If you sync your device the dictionaries will be replaced by the original dictionaries, to avoid that you have two options:
  • Patch the firmware and enable the patch `Change dicthtml strings to micthtml`.
  • To add a new dictionary on your device see here.

Last edited by oren64; 03-15-2017 at 04:52 PM.
oren64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 04:05 AM   #77
Kobo_Mao
Kobo_Mao knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Kobo_Mao knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Kobo_Mao knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Kobo_Mao knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Kobo_Mao knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Kobo_Mao knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Kobo_Mao knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Kobo_Mao knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Kobo_Mao knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Kobo_Mao knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Kobo_Mao knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by oren64 View Post
If you sync your device the dictionaries will be replaced by the original dictionaries, to avoid that you have two options:
  • Patch the firmware and enable the patch `Change dicthtml strings to micthtml`.
  • To add a new dictionary on your device see here.
I'll try again.
Thank's.
Sorry for my bad english.

Last edited by Kobo_Mao; 03-17-2017 at 10:32 AM.
Kobo_Mao is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-06-2019, 07:12 AM   #78
gabryele
Connoisseur
gabryele began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura one
thanks

Last edited by gabryele; 05-06-2019 at 07:15 AM.
gabryele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2019, 03:00 PM   #79
more
more began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo forma
Can please someone help me, and convert a dictionary in mobi format to the kobo format?

I really need it, but I am not able to do it myself (python...).
No chance.

I could send the mobi file through email or put it on dropbox.

If someone could help me with this?
more is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2021, 06:57 AM   #80
ericvb69
ericvb69 can differentiate black from dark navy blueericvb69 can differentiate black from dark navy blueericvb69 can differentiate black from dark navy blueericvb69 can differentiate black from dark navy blueericvb69 can differentiate black from dark navy blueericvb69 can differentiate black from dark navy blueericvb69 can differentiate black from dark navy blueericvb69 can differentiate black from dark navy blueericvb69 can differentiate black from dark navy blueericvb69 can differentiate black from dark navy blueericvb69 can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: kobo aura
I installed the original dicthtml-ja.zip file and it wasn't recognized as japanese dictionary within the Kobo reader. But it triggered the download of a new official japanese dictionary:

dicthtml-jaxxdjs.zip

If someone is interested in this new file, I can send it too.
ericvb69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-24-2021, 07:29 AM   #81
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericvb69 View Post
I installed the original dicthtml-ja.zip file and it wasn't recognized as japanese dictionary within the Kobo reader. But it triggered the download of a new official japanese dictionary:

dicthtml-jaxxdjs.zip

If someone is interested in this new file, I can send it too.
You should not be sending any of Kobo's dictionaries to anyone. They are under copyright. The can be downloaded from Kobo using the latest firmware.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote