Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 04-13-2007, 10:16 PM   #1
Liviu_5
Books and more books
Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.

Device: Nook Color, Itouch, Nokia770, Sony 650, Sony 700(dead), Ebk(given)
Howard Hendrix rant against cc free e-books

Worth checking out; it cracked me up laughing, and the responses even more so. I have not seen Eric Flint responding yet, but I guess he will because being called a scab is one of the few things that probably will annoy him given his career.

The rant:

http://community.livejournal.com/sfwa/10039.html

One funny response:

http://nihilistic-kid.livejournal.com/945926.html
Liviu_5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 10:25 PM   #2
Liviu_5
Books and more books
Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.

Device: Nook Color, Itouch, Nokia770, Sony 650, Sony 700(dead), Ebk(given)
Forgot to mention that Mr. Hendrix has actually a collection of ss published as an e-book only, and he contributed to Aeon which is an online only magazine, so I presume he is only against giving away e-books, not e-books per se. Though in the rant this point is obscured somewhat...
Liviu_5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-14-2007, 10:13 AM   #3
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer
Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
It's really just an "old guard versus new guard" rant. He doesn't like the new online tools, and doesn't appreciate anyone who is taking advantage of those tools to further their own ends (like scabby little me, I suppose).

I admit, it sounds strange coming from any member of the SFWA, but not so much from someone who has taken advantage of the traditional publishing industry to further his own ends. After all, the new online tools are trying to force a new business model on the pub industry, and the pub industry has shown how little they like that idea.
Steven Lyle Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 10:49 AM   #4
Robert Marquard
Delphi-Guy
Robert Marquard can extract oil from cheeseRobert Marquard can extract oil from cheeseRobert Marquard can extract oil from cheeseRobert Marquard can extract oil from cheeseRobert Marquard can extract oil from cheeseRobert Marquard can extract oil from cheeseRobert Marquard can extract oil from cheeseRobert Marquard can extract oil from cheeseRobert Marquard can extract oil from cheese

Device: iLiad, Palm T3
I have seen remarks about the SFWA on Baens Bar. Lets call them not entirely favorable :->
Robert Marquard is offline   Reply With Quote