Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 06-28-2010, 09:30 AM   #1
kjk
kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: never enough
Kindle App for iPhone/iPad Supports Embedded Video and Audio

http://phx.corporate-ir.net/phoenix....976&highlight=

Quote:
Amazon.com, Inc. (NASDAQ: AMZN) today announced a new update to Kindle for iPad and Kindle for iPhone and iPod touch, which allows readers to enjoy the benefits of embedded video and audio clips in Kindle books. The first books to take advantage of this new technology, including Rick Steves' London by Rick Steves and Together We Cannot Fail by Terry Golway, are available in the Kindle Store at http://www.amazon.com/kindleaudiovideo.
So, I'm guessing this was activated in 2.1.1 last week, but the books just became available today?
kjk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 10:23 AM   #2
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Currently are listing 13 titles - all at 9.99.

http://www.amazon.com/s/?node=224826...N6W84YPTM4YNZJ
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 11:02 AM   #3
kjk
kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post
Currently are listing 13 titles - all at 9.99.

http://www.amazon.com/s/?node=224826...N6W84YPTM4YNZJ
That Beatles chord book is a great idea!
Old 06-28-2010, 11:17 AM   #4
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I am tempted by the Bird Songs book - I had tried some of the free bird song apps - but wasn't really impressed.
Old 06-28-2010, 11:45 AM   #5
tyche
Addict
tyche plays well with otherstyche plays well with otherstyche plays well with otherstyche plays well with otherstyche plays well with otherstyche plays well with otherstyche plays well with otherstyche plays well with otherstyche plays well with otherstyche plays well with otherstyche plays well with others

Device: PRS-505, iPad
This is really neat idea to work with. You could have a video introduction by the author. Or audio/video annotations by experts on classic novels.
tyche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 12:22 PM   #6
kjk

Wow, the cake book is 557MB!

http://www.teleread.com/2010/06/28/a...chris-walters/

Quote:
Amazon states, “Due to large file size, Kindle for iPad/iPhone/iPod touch requires WiFi to download this title.” The company isn’t kidding about file size. The cake book that I purchased is huge–557 MB, or half a gigabyte. To put this into perspective, the Kindle 2 can only hold about 1.4 GB of files, so it could only hold 2 of these things. Even on a fairly speedy Wi-Fi connection this morning, it took over five minutes to download to my iPhone 3GS.
The Beatles book is 65MB, just music, no video I guess.
Old 06-28-2010, 12:57 PM   #7
Bremen Cole
Wizard
Bremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with others

Device: iPad
So is it clear that these features are in our current Kindle app version? I don't have an update showing today.......
Bremen Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 01:08 PM   #8
kjk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bremen Cole View Post
So is it clear that these features are in our current Kindle app version? I don't have an update showing today.......
I don't either, Bremen, and the guy on Teleread seems to be using it already so I'm guessing its the current 2.2.1 version that already has the capability!
Old 06-28-2010, 09:12 PM   #9
poohbear_nc
Now what?

Yes - the current Kindle app version handles these new books. I have the Bird Songs book now - it's a lot of fun to use - the audio is fine - driving my cats nuts!
Old 06-29-2010, 06:14 AM   #10
Bremen Cole
Wizard
Bremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with others

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post
Yes - the current Kindle app version handles these new books. I have the Bird Songs book now - it's a lot of fun to use - the audio is fine - driving my cats nuts!
Cool! I am not a bird watcher or anything, I'm the type that hardly notices their there..... but of the 13 books listed, this is tempting. Are the pictures of each of the 250 individual birds? In other words are there panels of say 5 birds, or does each bird get a full page? The idea of looking at a really good pic of the bird and hearing its particular song is interesting to me. We have lots of birds where I live and I am clueless what most are............
Bremen Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 07:50 AM   #11
poohbear_nc
Now what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bremen Cole View Post
Cool! I am not a bird watcher or anything, I'm the type that hardly notices their there..... but of the 13 books listed, this is tempting. Are the pictures of each of the 250 individual birds? In other words are there panels of say 5 birds, or does each bird get a full page? The idea of looking at a really good pic of the bird and hearing its particular song is interesting to me. We have lots of birds where I live and I am clueless what most are............
Yes - each bird is illustrated (male & female if dimorphic) plus at least a page of description - both a phonetic version of the song and of the plumage. Concise but descriptive.