Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 04-03-2021, 07:09 AM   #16
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ownedbycats View Post
Also, another thing that is very confusing is when some entries of a series are available as eBook, but others are not.
One reason that happens is because the author switches publishers mid-series.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2021, 04:18 PM   #17
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
No, all the same publisher. And even weirder is that it's book #2 of a trilogy that's unavailable.

EDIT: I checked again and I found it this time. I guess they realized it was missing and put it up.

Last edited by ownedbycats; 04-03-2021 at 04:22 PM.
ownedbycats is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2021, 10:13 AM   #18
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer
pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, iPad mini, Kobo Aura, Amazon paperwhite, Sony PRS-T2
Quote:
No, all the same publisher. And even weirder is that it's book #2 of a trilogy that's unavailable.

EDIT: I checked again and I found it this time. I guess they realized it was missing and put it up.
What series?
pwalker8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2021, 12:05 PM   #19
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwalker8 View Post
What series?
Wild Horses of Half Moon Ranch. A spin-off from a children's series from the late 1990s/early 00s. I've been gradually completing the series that I never got to when I was younger.

Click image for larger version

Name:	2021-04-05 13_07_29-Window.png
Views:	249
Size:	436.2 KB
ID:	186436

I think the reason I had trouble finding them on Kobo before is because the series information wasn't present on them: book 2, book 3

Last edited by ownedbycats; 04-05-2021 at 12:07 PM.
ownedbycats is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2021, 12:41 PM   #20
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer
pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, iPad mini, Kobo Aura, Amazon paperwhite, Sony PRS-T2
Quote:
Wild Horses of Half Moon Ranch. A spin-off from a children's series from the late 1990s/early 00s. I've been gradually completing the series that I never got to when I was younger.

Attachment 186436

I think the reason I had trouble finding them on Kobo before is because the series information wasn't present on them: book 2, book 3
Cool. There are a number number of series that I read as a child that I have been on the look out for as ebooks. I do have the Encyclopedia Brown series. I've been keeping an eye out for the old Three Investigator's series, a favorite when I was much, much younger. I see a few have shown up on Amazon. I suspect they are unauthorized, but who knows.
pwalker8 is offline   Reply With Quote