Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre Companion

Notices

Old 03-01-2021, 02:17 AM   #1
BaronKrause
BaronKrause began at the beginning.

Device: Android
"Date Read" time off?

Ive noticed that the read time in Calibre after setting up the proper custom columns in Calibre and setting them in CC is off by many hours.

I use CC on iOS, and both it and my PC have the time set correctly. The 2 times Ive used it so far since setting it up it seems like its behind by roughly 10 hours (the minute is correct). I just tested it with a different iOS device and a test library and it does the same.

Editing the metadata in Calibre and clicking on the current time button in the column fills in the correct system time so I don’t think it’s an issue with Calibre or the pc itself.

Not that its a big deal or anything, just find it slightly odd and curious to the reason.

Thanks!

Last edited by BaronKrause; 03-01-2021 at 02:34 AM.
BaronKrause is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2021, 10:09 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
I bet your device does not include a Timezone setting

Calibre does, so your Date Read comes from the device and is not adjusted for the PC's TZ offset.
10 Hours: Hawaii ?
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2021, 10:49 AM   #3
BaronKrause
BaronKrause began at the beginning.

Device: Android
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
I bet your device does not include a Timezone setting

Calibre does, so your Date Read comes from the device and is not adjusted for the PC's TZ offset.
10 Hours: Hawaii ?
I'm EST and it is showing as 10 hours behind.

I just hand the chance to test it on another PC at a different location with a fresh test install of Calibre, and a third different test iOS device with a freshly installed demo of CC, same deal. 10:47AM here, showing as "03 Mar 2021 00:44" in Calibre. Off by 10 hours, at least with iOS devices.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

It still functions fine so its not a big deal just on occasion it will show as read the day before if I started it at night, but the offset is minor and consistent. Just found it odd.
BaronKrause is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2021, 11:33 AM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
I've run into a similar thing when dual booting Win vs Linux.
Win uses the BIOS clock and apples the Offset
Linux stores the OFFSETED value. really screws (file times) things up.
At least Win allows a registry entry to make it behave (time keeping) like Linux
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote