Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Feedback

Notices

Old 11-23-2018, 06:26 AM   #1
BookCat
C L J
BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony e-reader 505, Kindle PW2, Kindle PW3, Kobo Libra2
What Happened To Private Messages?

It used to be possible to send a private message to a MR member, but I can no longer find the facility. Was it removed? Or is it hiding somewhere?

Sometimes off-thread discussions are very helpful, enabling the exchange of information the members may not want to share generally.

Thanks.
BookCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2018, 07:38 AM   #2
Bilbo1967
Not scared!
Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 10, Huawei M5 10
Click on User CP (top left). The private messages options are then about half way down on the left hand side of the screen. At least they are for me.
Bilbo1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-23-2018, 07:54 AM   #3
BookCat
C L J
BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thank you, they've moved. I'm sure the link used to be on the recipient's profile page, or near their avatar in the main forum.
Old 11-23-2018, 08:12 AM   #4
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by BookCat View Post
Thank you, they've moved. I'm sure the link used to be on the recipient's profile page, or near their avatar in the main forum.
If you click on a member's name next to their post, a pop-up menu should appear, one of the options is to send a Private Message.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2018, 09:13 AM   #5
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
I don't believe anything's been moved. Not in quite a few years, anyway.

PMs are also available from the "Quicklinks" submenu of the forum's top toolbar. There's also a link to Private Messages under the Welcome, <username> banner at the top/right of the page.
DiapDealer is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-23-2018, 10:57 AM   #6
BookCat
C L J

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
I don't believe anything's been moved. Not in quite a few years, anyway.

PMs are also available from the "Quicklinks" submenu of the forum's top toolbar. There's also a link to Private Messages under the Welcome, <username> banner at the top/right of the page.
As far as I'm aware, those just send you to your own messages, rather than giving the ability to message someone else. Clicking on the name next to their comment on a thread just sends me to their profile page if I left click, or brings up a menu which relates more to windows functions than to MR functions, if I right click.

I'm sure there used to be either a little pm function near the person's username and avatar (next to the comments in a thread) OR it was a function, easy to find, on the profile page of the person one wanted to send a pm to.

I'm confused!
Old 11-23-2018, 11:15 AM   #7
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
As far as I'm aware, those just send you to your own messages, rather than giving the ability to message someone else.
They DO send you to your own messages. And there's a "send new message link" to the left of those.
DiapDealer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2018, 11:25 AM   #8
Bilbo1967
Not scared!
Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 10, Huawei M5 10
Quote:
As far as I'm aware, those just send you to your own messages, rather than giving the ability to message someone else. Clicking on the name next to their comment on a thread just sends me to their profile page if I left click, or brings up a menu which relates more to windows functions than to MR functions, if I right click.

I'm sure there used to be either a little pm function near the person's username and avatar (next to the comments in a thread) OR it was a function, easy to find, on the profile page of the person one wanted to send a pm to.

I'm confused!
As pdurrant said, if you left click on my username to the left of this post it brings up a number of options, the second of which is to send me a PM. It's important to click on the user name and not the avatar.
Bilbo1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2018, 02:14 PM   #9
BookCat
C L J

I've just realised what I've been doing wrong!!

When I left click, I've developed the habit of clicking the scroll wheel instead of the left mouse button. This is because I normally want to open the link in a new tab. And this is why I'm always sent to the user's profile page!

Must be having a "senior" day. Sorry.

Thanks for the help.
Old 11-24-2018, 06:53 AM   #10
Pizza_Cant_Read
Sentient Sauce
Pizza_Cant_Read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pizza_Cant_Read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pizza_Cant_Read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pizza_Cant_Read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pizza_Cant_Read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pizza_Cant_Read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pizza_Cant_Read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pizza_Cant_Read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pizza_Cant_Read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pizza_Cant_Read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pizza_Cant_Read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 9th Gen Oasis
Quote:
I've just realised what I've been doing wrong!!

When I left click, I've developed the habit of clicking the scroll wheel instead of the left mouse button. This is because I normally want to open the link in a new tab. And this is why I'm always sent to the user's profile page!

Must be having a "senior" day. Sorry.

Thanks for the help.
To be honest, I only recently mastered the CP Panel. I used to never be able to find it. I have no idea why. Well I know why, it was because this time last year when I first joined, I was a little too indulgent with the catnip But now when I first come to the site the first place I look is CP Panel to check responses to threads I have participated in. I catch up then I check the main forum index and go from there.

Anyways, my point is, that is completely understandable. Nothing senior about it!! A matter of adjusting to the UI is all
Pizza_Cant_Read is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2018, 10:40 PM   #11
Pizza_Cant_Read
Sentient Sauce
Pizza_Cant_Read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pizza_Cant_Read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pizza_Cant_Read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pizza_Cant_Read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pizza_Cant_Read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pizza_Cant_Read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pizza_Cant_Read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pizza_Cant_Read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pizza_Cant_Read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pizza_Cant_Read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pizza_Cant_Read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 9th Gen Oasis
*User CP
Pizza_Cant_Read is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
disappeared, private messages