Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 12-30-2017, 06:28 PM   #1
lazorbeam
Connoisseur
lazorbeam began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone; Fire HD
Dropbox save error -- Sigil-0.9.9

Has anyone encountered/resolved a save error in Sigil version 0.9.9? I just updated and am now having an error when trying to overwrite an epub file that is saved/stored in Dropbox. I store my Calibre library in Dropbox so all my files are there.

The error info i'm getting is: "Cannot save file C:\Users...." When I try to Save a Copy/Save As to Dropbox, I get an error warning that I don't have permission to save; contact the admin to obtain permission. My account is the admin. When I run Sigl as admin and open the dropbox file from there, I get the same errors and warnings.

The problems seems to be with DB, not the files. I copied the files onto my computer, opened, and was able to save without problem.
lazorbeam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2017, 07:03 PM   #2
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Temporarily pause Dropbox synchronization and see if the error goes away.

No problems here using 0.9.9 to overwrite an epub on Dropbox, but saving/overwriting content that's being synced by other processes is always a bit of a crapshoot where Windows permissions are concerned.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-30-2017, 07:29 PM   #3
lazorbeam
Connoisseur
lazorbeam began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone; Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
Temporarily pause Dropbox synchronization and see if the error goes away.

No problems here using 0.9.9 to overwrite an epub on Dropbox, but saving/overwriting content that's being synced by other processes is always a bit of a crapshoot where Windows permissions are concerned.
Hi. Tried pausing, but I had the same error. I sometimes have Dropbox/Calibre errors (have to retry process) but I never have had them on Sigil before.
lazorbeam is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
error, sigil