Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 09-06-2018, 11:02 PM   #61
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by teewhile View Post
While this may not be the write thread for this post, I'm having trouble with step #7 on the instructions posted here. In GParted, all options are greyed out, so I cannot run a check on the unknown file system. Again, I'm trying to format a 2GB microsd card using the 4GB image and already used dd to copy as much of it over as possible. Thanks!
The only thing I can think of is to make sure the card has not been mounted read-only. I have hit this as one of the adapters I use has a switch to set it to read-only and it doesn't stay in place and frequently slips to read-only.

Other than that, I would try another card. If you have a 4GB or larger card, the image should go onto it with no problems.

If that isn't it, I'm not a GParted expert, so hopefully someone with some knowledge will come along.
Old 09-19-2018, 06:17 PM   #62
chounier
chounier began at the beginning.

Device: kobo mini
good evening
Would you please send me the link for the kobo mini image ? My reader is bricked, trying to install lk8000 for paragliding, and I would like to save it.

Thank you
Advert
Old 09-19-2018, 07:44 PM   #63
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

PM sent.
Old 09-22-2018, 04:39 PM   #64
Wind310
Wind310 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo midi
My Kobo Mini is bricked. Would you please send me a link for the image? Many thanks.
Old 09-22-2018, 09:10 PM   #65
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

PM sent.
Advert
Old 10-11-2018, 05:43 PM   #66
Maud Le Hay
Maud Le Hay began at the beginning.

Device: Mini/Aura/H2O/Glo
Hi There,

I've been trying to fix my mother's Mini and have been stupid enough to format the sd card.
davidfor, if you still have the image of the Mini, you would give me a huge service if you could share it with me.

Thanks in advance
Old 10-11-2018, 06:48 PM   #67
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

PM sent.
Old 10-25-2018, 05:58 PM   #68
spillo
spillo began at the beginning.

My Kobo Mini is bricked. Would you please send me a link for the image? Many thanks.
Old 10-25-2018, 07:18 PM   #69
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

PM sent.
Old 10-26-2018, 08:41 AM   #70
glor
glor began at the beginning.

Lost my microsd-card :P
Would you please send me the image aswell? Thanks for saving everyones ...
Old 10-26-2018, 08:46 AM   #71
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

PM sent.
Old 11-02-2018, 10:11 AM   #72
tanj666
tanj666 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle oasis, kobo mini, sony prs-350
New mini user with a brick

Hi, bought a mini to use as a 'throw in a pocket' device from ebay and it's dead.

On receipt it has the 'power off' screen, connecting to PC and charging it and setting up a kobo acct it just stopped, screen is just the white (well, ok, grey) of the base e-ink. Pressing reset button (under the back cover) causes the light to go gree, then blue, then green again and flashes the screen black for brief moment.

I suspect the battery is dead as well, but a link to the card image would be useful so I can try that too. Is there any link to where I can get a replacement battery at all?

Can I put the image onto a bigger card at all? or is 2GB the addressable limit of the hardware?

Thanks in advance,

Anthony (tanj666)
Old 11-02-2018, 09:49 PM   #73
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

PM sent.

And you can use a larger card. I think the largest I've heard of in a Mini is 32GB. I think that might be a limit, but, it could just be that was the largest available at the time.
Old 11-14-2018, 02:05 AM   #74
eric82
eric82 began at the beginning.

Device: kobo mini N905C
Kobo Mini image Needed N905C

Hi,
I didnot backup my SD. I can see lots of PM's but no links to download the .img file. If I could get the file to download I would appreciate it
Old 11-14-2018, 04:31 AM   #75
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

PM sent in response to the PM. And it is polite to give a reasonable amount time for a response before asking again.
Closed Thread