Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 11-02-2017, 04:49 PM   #1
whitearrow
Guru
whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2
Oasis 2 -- anyone having problems downloading from the store?

I finally got all my books/collections set up, but am having problems downloading directly from the Kindle Store. Samples aren't downloading at all. Anyone experiencing similar issues?
whitearrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2017, 04:52 PM   #2
Arjun1985
Arjun1985 will become famous soon enoughArjun1985 will become famous soon enoughArjun1985 will become famous soon enoughArjun1985 will become famous soon enoughArjun1985 will become famous soon enoughArjun1985 will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitearrow View Post
I finally got all my books/collections set up, but am having problems downloading directly from the Kindle Store. Samples aren't downloading at all. Anyone experiencing similar issues?
No dint had this issue.. did you try restarting or in worst case a reset?
Arjun1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2017, 07:28 PM   #3
whitearrow
Guru
whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Yes, I had to reset. Back to the re-sorting collections.

God this makes me never want to upgrade ever again.
Old 11-02-2017, 07:33 PM   #4
Robmonster
Wizard!
Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Voyage + Oasis2
Can I please ask you to give me a little more info on the problem you had? My device is unable to access the cloud files, so wondering if we had a similar problem. Amazon support have asked me not to factory reset, but I'm wondering if I should try anyway
Robmonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2017, 09:09 PM   #5
whitearrow
Guru

I went to the store on the device, clicked "download sample," nothing happened. I bought a free book, nothing happened.

From Amazon.com/myk, I tried sending existing library items and also new samples and free books. They didn't show up on the advice.

Yes, my wifi was on.
Old 11-03-2017, 07:30 AM   #6
Robmonster
Wizard!
Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Voyage + Oasis2
Thanks, it sounds like my problem is different unfortunately.
Robmonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2017, 07:51 AM   #7
oldhaggis
Enthusiast
oldhaggis has become one with the cosmosoldhaggis has become one with the cosmosoldhaggis has become one with the cosmosoldhaggis has become one with the cosmosoldhaggis has become one with the cosmosoldhaggis has become one with the cosmosoldhaggis has become one with the cosmosoldhaggis has become one with the cosmosoldhaggis has become one with the cosmosoldhaggis has become one with the cosmosoldhaggis has become one with the cosmos

Device: Kindle 3, Sony T3, Oasis 2
Quote:
I went to the store on the device, clicked "download sample," nothing happened. I bought a free book, nothing happened.

From Amazon.com/myk, I tried sending existing library items and also new samples and free books. They didn't show up on the advice.

Yes, my wifi was on.
I Just downloaded a sample on 3g KO2 so no problems here on Amazon.uk
oldhaggis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2017, 04:09 PM   #8
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Libra2, Clara 2e, Kindle PW SE & Kindle 2022
I'm trying to sort out DHs kindle and covers are not showing, either on the Cloud or downloaded books.
Josieb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2017, 05:25 PM   #9
Mr. Goodbar
Wizard
Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.

Device: iPad Mini 4
Was able to download a small batch fine when I received it, but today was unable to download the rest of my books. The same thing was happening as you explained. I did a reset and that seemed to fix it, but now I'm not getting covers.....argh!

Update: A second reset seems to have fixed the missing cover issue. Tedious, but everything seems normal now.....weird.

Last edited by Mr. Goodbar; 11-03-2017 at 09:09 PM.
Mr. Goodbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2017, 07:26 PM   #10
whitearrow
Guru

Yeah, my oasis finally burped up the books it had queued. And I think i've finally come up with a less painful way to add sideloaded books to collections on a new device.
Old 11-03-2017, 09:17 PM   #11
krazy4katz
Addict
krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: [Kindle 1, Kindle 3 (KK)], Kindle Voyage, iPad Pro
Samples have been downloading slowly for me lately on my trusty Voyage. I wonder if it is a problem with the Store. Usually you can watch it download. Now I have to close my kindle, walk away for a while and when I come back it's there.
krazy4katz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2017, 09:51 PM   #12
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Yes, I had to reset. Back to the re-sorting collections.

God this makes me never want to upgrade ever again.
You've not been reading where it's been said that Amazon was having problems. It's not a problem with the KO2. It was a problem with Amazon.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2017, 12:58 PM   #13
whitearrow
Guru

That's because I said it before someone mentioned that.