Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 03-14-2024, 08:25 AM   #1
mrducking
mrducking began at the beginning.

Device: K4, Kindle 8th, K3
Kindle(All) Reading Without Downloading

Hello all,
Today I had a weird idea that probably someone already did at some point.
We can connect to calibre server and use as a substitute of the kindle store.
We can navigate the web (more or less, eink has limits)
So, after having 2 kindles go down on me on what is 90% memory glitches,
the following came to me :
Would it be possible to read a book over the air so to speak?
Sending a request to a server, loading only on RAM and never write the book on memory?
How about sending packets to the browser on formatted html, preprocessed by the server?
Heck, I'm probably missing half of the vocabulary to properly describe the idea.

Don't think about it being practical, think about saving writes on the memory and doing absurd things to extend its lifetime
mrducking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2024, 04:38 PM   #2
Frogm4n
Zealot
Frogm4n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frogm4n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frogm4n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frogm4n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frogm4n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frogm4n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frogm4n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frogm4n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frogm4n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frogm4n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frogm4n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Scribe
If you really are somehow wearing out the flash of a Kindle then your usecase is very odd.
Frogm4n is offline   Reply With Quote