Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 12-27-2017, 02:32 PM   #1
fferreira
fferreira began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura
Problem with kobonotes.com

Last year I created a web app to store your Kobo's Notes. It seems that currently is not working for new .sqlite files but keeps working for older ones. I tried solving this problem but I have been unsucessful.

If anyone knows about PHP and connection with sqlite3 files, and would like to contribute to this website, the kobo community will be forever grateful. Or at least kobonotes.com and me, lol

Thank you in advance!
fferreira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2017, 06:07 PM   #2
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
What version of SQLite are you using? The only change in the database I can think of that might affect this is Kobo turned on Write-Ahead Logging in the 3.10.x firmware. To support that, the SQLite library needs to be at least version 3.7 (from memory).

Do you get an error message? Some details of what you are seeing would help.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-01-2018, 11:51 AM   #3
fferreira

Hi! The logs report that the file is encrypted or missing. I believe the sqlite version is the problem, as my server (ehost) only uses version 3.6. Nothing I can do about it unfortunately

Thank you for helping!
Old 01-01-2018, 07:05 PM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by fferreira View Post
Hi! The logs report that the file is encrypted or missing. I believe the sqlite version is the problem, as my server (ehost) only uses version 3.6. Nothing I can do about it unfortunately

Thank you for helping!
Raise a ticket with your host.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2018, 11:46 PM   #5
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by fferreira View Post
Yes, that's the error I saw when this came up. 3.6 is pretty old. Even 3.7 isn't new. You should be able to get the hosting site to upgrade. Or find another host.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-05-2018, 04:40 AM   #6
fferreira

Thank you for your replies. I've email my host (eHost) to see what can they do about it.

Tags
kobo, kobonotes