Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 09-01-2008, 01:16 AM   #1
sfan
sfan began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Question Thinking about buying PRS-505: two questions

1. Is there dark blue version of PRS-505 available in Canada? I only see silver and red versions on sonystyle.ca.
2. Should I wait for a couple of months to see if there will be the new model coming out for Christmas? Seems like there is such chance but I don't want to wait too long to get my new toy...

Thanks!

sfan
sfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 08:50 AM   #2
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hard to say about a new model. I was going to get a 500 in June 07 but postponed it for a variety of reasons. Then the 505 came out last Fall and I was glad I'd waited. But, no guarantees Sony will have a new model this year.
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-01-2008, 09:40 AM   #3
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Depends what Sony wants to do. If they want a model with a larger screen, then no, not this year. We think maybe the larger screens won't be out till sometime Spring next year. If Sony wants to add wifi and/or touchscreen to the 6" model, then it's possible. But do you want to wait (for an unknown time period) on a totally unsubstantiated rumor or get a reader now?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 01:17 PM   #4
bmwvan
Connoisseur
bmwvan is on a distinguished road

Device: hp iPAQ 4700/Fictionwise reader/Sony 505
Waiting for the next great computer gear is like hoping your girlfriend will loose 20 lbs so you can propose to her. If you like what's available, buy it. There will always be something newer and better the next day (or so it will seem). And, no, I know men don't "buy" their wives, we just make payments for the rest of our lives!
bmwvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 02:34 PM   #5
sfan
sfan began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Good points!
I was also thinking what sony could add into the new model. I don't care wifi and touchscreen. 6'' screen is fine since 8'' screen will sacrifice mobility and increse the price for almost sure. I just hope that sony will make software updates still available for 505 after new models release.
sfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-01-2008, 07:25 PM   #6
igorsk
Wizard
igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500/505/700, Kindle, Cybook Gen3, Words Gear
One thing I expect to see in the next Reader is the new Epson E-Ink controller, which should provide much faster screen updates. So, hopefully, there'll be more options for interactivity.
igorsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 07:27 PM   #7
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Yeah, I call it 'Analysis Paralysis'. You can put off buying the latest technology forever.
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote