Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 08-19-2011, 02:33 PM   #46
Ubermensch
Connoisseur
Ubermensch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ubermensch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ubermensch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ubermensch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ubermensch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ubermensch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ubermensch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ubermensch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ubermensch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ubermensch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ubermensch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
I read that there is a bug causing the "touchscreen" to continue working even when the device is sleeping. If you have a case or anything that is in contact with the screen, maybe your Nook keeps trying to process for all these hours.

Btw, does the battery drains even if you turn it off completely?
Ubermensch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 06:32 PM   #47
RAH
Guru
RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Color Nook; Nook Touch
I doubt if this is what caused my problem because as you can see from my other postings, just "topping off" the charge would get it to stop misbehaving, so it really seemed like a case of a bad charge level meter than the battery really draining. But it is hard to know.

I don't know if turning it off completly would stop it, but isn' t that the same as rebooting? Rebooting was also a way to get it to stop misbehaving (besides the topping off technique). Anyway, it was a pain and I'll be glad to get one that works properly without playing footsie with it!
RAH is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-24-2011, 06:48 PM   #48
RAH
Guru
RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Color Nook; Nook Touch
I got my replacement Touch from B&N today. It came packaged exactly like a new one, in a shrink-wrapped, new-Nook box. I wonder if it is new or not. There were a few very minor smudges on the screen (which you could get on a new unit too), but otherwise it is perfect.

Anyway, just want to mention that once you get used to the fact that in order to return a defective Nook to B&N that you must package it up yourself, it is very easy to return stuff to B&N. It would be better if they would swap refurbs with defective units at the store, or took the defective unit in and mailed it for replacement for you and notified you when the new one arrived, or at least had mailing boxes at the store, but otherwise it isn't too onerous.
RAH is offline   Reply With Quote