Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 12-31-2017, 02:46 PM   #1
katenepveu
katenepveu began at the beginning.

Device: Pixel
pre-purchase request: screenshot of particular kids' book

Hi all,

My 4th grader is interested in an eInk Kindle (the $80-with-ads one, that's just "Kindle"), but wants to read a particular series of books that has a lot of different fonts, pictures, etc.

Would someone with the current 6" eInk Kindle be willing to download a sample of this book and post a screenshot of how it looks, so I can tell whether it's suited to the use my kid wants to put it?

Thanks so much.

Edit: I am answered, thank you all for your kind help!

Last edited by katenepveu; 12-31-2017 at 04:02 PM.
katenepveu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2017, 03:40 PM   #2
Breathinlady
Zealot
Breathinlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Breathinlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Breathinlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Breathinlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Breathinlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Breathinlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Breathinlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Breathinlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Breathinlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Breathinlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Breathinlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Fire HD,HD6,10HD,2 Fire Phones iPod touch, iPad3, Nexus 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by katenepveu View Post
Hi all,

My 4th grader is interested in an eInk Kindle (the $80-with-ads one, that's just "Kindle"), but wants to read a particular series of books that has a lot of different fonts, pictures, etc.

Would someone with the current 6" eInk Kindle be willing to download a sample of this book and post a screenshot of how it looks, so I can tell whether it's suited to the use my kid wants to put it?
Thanks so much.
Looked at sample on my Voyage, only able to see a couple of pages, mostly graphics..print very small on the one page with picture and text. Hard for me to read but then I am a senior. Probably worth a try. Happy New Year
Breathinlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-31-2017, 03:43 PM   #3
katenepveu

Thanks for the information, I appreciate it! Happy New Year to you as well.

(Since that's higher-res than the one we were looking at, I'd still be interested to hear from someone with the basic model, especially with a picture or screenshot!)
Old 12-31-2017, 03:46 PM   #4
shalym
Wizard
shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW 1, 2, 3, Voyage, Oasis 2 & 3, Fires, Aura HD, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by katenepveu View Post
Hi all,

Thanks so much.
While it isn't the exact book you linked to, here's a screenshot from another book in the same series.

Hope this helps.

Shari
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	GeronimoStilton.png
Views:	203
Size:	119.5 KB
ID:	161097  
shalym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2017, 03:59 PM   #5
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Here are screenshots from the sample (only a couple of pages were available).
Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot_2017_12_31T22_56_57+0202.png
Views:	227
Size:	146.7 KB
ID:	161098 Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot_2017_12_31T22_56_51+0202.png
Views:	247
Size:	49.5 KB
ID:	161099
Sirtel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-31-2017, 04:00 PM   #6
katenepveu

(Edit: to shalym) Thank you so much, that's wonderful. I really appreciate it! It's a relief to know that if my kid decides to go this route, the savings won't have been in vain.

Thanks again, and Happy New Year!

(Oops, cross-posted. Sorry the sample didn't have useful pages in it, thanks for checking anyway Sirtel!)