Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 04-13-2010, 04:29 PM   #61
beppe
Grand Sorcerer
beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle3, Ipod4, IPad2
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlorenceArt View Post
Here are my tomatoes again, the photo from last night (when the sun was still shining, sigh). I promise I won't post a photo every day
Post them, the flash light will help them. What I do not like now is that the Bonne Maman jars don't let the extra water to run out. Next time you can use paper cups with small holes in the bottom.

Do show us daily or so progresses. They look like our babies. Smack! That's a kiss in cartoonese. For the tomatoes, of course.
beppe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 08:30 PM   #62
SneakySnake
I'm watching you!
SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-900(unused lately) iPadAir2, want me Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Wouldn't you need an alembic for that?
Ohh maybe MOTH can build one. but he doesn't drink and may see it as enabling my habit. bugga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph Sir Edward View Post
You dig up the plant, trim off the leaves, boild the center section the ferment it, then distill the fermented center....
Aha aha

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
Seems a lotta work when you can just stop at the corner liquor store....
Well yes there is a very big booze barn around the corner from me. that would be easier.

Quote:
Ah yes, but then she'll have the satisfaction of getting blasted on her own production
yep but once I tried making my own wine, it was like paint stripper

Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post
And with the size of that monster - she'll produce barrels of the stuff!
Ah yes the volume factor. If I get it right there will be heaps. I will empty the pool in anticipation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffC View Post
enough to share, then ....
Tequila for everyone.

Quote:
And home-made is always better!
It is with Anzac bikkies, and raspberry slice. But see previous comment with home made wine. Yuk it was awful.
SneakySnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-13-2010, 08:33 PM   #63
SneakySnake
I'm watching you!
SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alecE View Post
I blinked, and the magnolia trees suddenly blossomed. The local ducks are beginning to get frisky as well; I am unable to speak for the local humans.
You better watch the ducks don't look hungry. You certainly look like a tasty treat for a snake.
Old 04-13-2010, 08:36 PM   #64
SneakySnake
I'm watching you!

Quote:
I don't have a garden, so I thought I would post a photo of my indoor tomatoes They are the first thing I try to grow, and I'm amazed they made it this far. They look better IRL.
Are there drain holes in those pots? I don't think they like wet feet they may rot off.

No matter tomatoes cope quite well with transplant when they are small.

If there is plenty of sun and water any tomatoes in my garden go mad.

I hope you get plenty to eat when the time comes.
Old 04-14-2010, 01:56 AM   #65
phenomshel
ZCD BombShel
phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, STB Kindle Oasis
Virginia Bluebell is blooming. I still don't know how it got here, I'm in Illinois, .

My peonies are about a foot high, and I don't know when they even came up - I've been too busy to pay attention. The lilac bush me and the neighbor share looks great, all leafed out and baby lilac clusters. I have tulips and daffodils up and tall, but no blooms yet. I think it's because they're on the east side of the house and only get morning sun.
phenomshel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-14-2010, 03:30 AM   #66
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
I just transplanted my lemongrass. I put 6 stalks into a container in at the end of last summer. (Bought them at the local grocery store, being sold for Thai cooking. They had no roots, but the bottoms were dry and hard.) This afternoon I took the container out of the hotbox on the veranda. Not only did they all survive the freezing winter, the 6 turned into about 20. I broke apart the clusters and re-potted them all in a larger container. This is going to be a Tom Yom Kung, Tom Ka Gai, and Som Tam summer!! I love fresh Thai food!

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 07:22 AM   #67
TGS
Country Member
TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Liseuse: Irex DR800. PRS 505 in the house, and the missus has an iPad.
Wheat! During the 10 weeks of snow coverage I took to feeding the birds with mixed seeds. Turns out they are not so keen on the wheat - though they like the sunflower seeds and millet. Consequently they scattered the wheat around the patio, so now I have wheat growing in between the paving stones and in the flower beds. Nice...!
TGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 07:28 AM   #68
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by TGS View Post
Wheat! During the 10 weeks of snow coverage I took to feeding the birds with mixed seeds. Turns out they are not so keen on the wheat - though they like the sunflower seeds and millet. Consequently they scattered the wheat around the patio, so now I have wheat growing in between the paving stones and in the flower beds. Nice...!
Sounds like my sunflowers. I always have a few the pop up.

kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 08:11 AM   #69
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by TGS View Post
Maybe the local cats will like it. My cat loves oats! I keep a small pot of oats growing indoors for her to nibble on during the winter, starting a new pot every 2-3 weeks to keep them young and tender.

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 08:13 AM   #70
kennyc
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
Maybe the local cats will like it. My cat loves oats! I keep a small pot of oats growing indoors for her to nibble on during the winter, starting a new pot every 2-3 weeks to keep them young and tender.

Stitchawl
Wow, maybe I should try that. Maybe they wouldn't eat my plants then.

I've see that 'Pet grass' in the pet stores. Is that what it is Wheat or Oats? or ?
Old 04-14-2010, 08:26 AM   #71
FlorenceArt
High Priestess
FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro 9.7, iPhone 6 Plus
Quote:
I've see that 'Pet grass' in the pet stores. Is that what it is Wheat or Oats? or ?
There is a type of grass that is called "cat's grass" in French, because cats are supposed to love it. I also remember, when my parents had dogs, they used to eat grass sometimes. So I think "pet grass" is grass (as in lawn grass), not wheat.

Last edited by FlorenceArt; 04-14-2010 at 08:46 AM.
FlorenceArt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 08:40 AM   #72
kennyc

Quote:
There is a type of grass that is called "cat's grass" in French, because cats are supposed to love it. I also remember, when my parents had dogs, they use to eat grass sometimes. So I think "pet grass" is grass (as in lawn grass), not wheat.
Did some googling around and seems there are a variety of pet grass being offered -- wheat, rye, oat, etc...

I may try some for my cats and see what they think. Knowing my cats, they'll use it as a litter box....
Old 04-14-2010, 11:21 AM   #73
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Here are some of the vegetables (squash, tomatoes, green peppers, jalapeños, cucumbers, and sage) I'll be planting this weekend if it doesn't rain; along with some of the flowers in the background that my wife bought recently. The nine small round pots contain tomatoes grown from seed. I'll plant them later. The sage we'll probably put in a large pot.

My helper.

One of the potato sprouts.

Strawberries.

Corn sprout.

Overview of the garden.

And I promise not so many photos next time!
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 11:24 AM   #74
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
wow Tom - very neat and tidy !

one blob of tadpoles beginning to twist and turn in their jelly ....
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 11:26 AM   #75
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
My cats ignored cat grass.

Sammy (the one that ate the cassette tape) regularly munches on the indoor ivy plant. Doesn't seem to be poisonous. Keep finding tiny fang marks in the leaves.
When she has hairballs and throws up, she rushes around and eats all the cobwebs she can find - seems to settle her stomach. Go figure!
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote