Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 05-01-2023, 02:55 PM   #31
tokyoinovember
tokyoinovember began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Clara 2E
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirtel View Post
It's removed on my Kobos. But I think you can't enable both 4 and 5 simultaneously, it must be the one or the other. If you enable 5, that part will still remain on the home screen. Enable only 4.
You mean I should enable only
"Rename new home screen footer", right? I'll try this way, let's see if it works. Thank you

And I agree about the reason why someone would prefer to remove the title from the header/footer from the book, I even removed the reading progression from the header and progression bar from the footer (I only left the percentage) and now it's perfect for me.
tokyoinovember is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2023, 02:57 PM   #32
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by tokyoinovember View Post
This is how it looks like on my device https://files.fm/u/hacpenq6f . Isn't the part circled in yellow meant to be removed?
I'm at work and can't open your link. But are you trying to delete the area I highlighted in yellow?

If so, search in the Nickle patch for Row 3. That will remove it. (Again, I am at work without access to the patches. Sorry for the vague wording.)

Edit: Enable Remove footer (row3) and increase cover size on new home screen or Remove footer (row3) on new home screen. One or the other. Not both.

Last edited by ZodWallop; 05-01-2023 at 03:04 PM.
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-01-2023, 03:04 PM   #33
tokyoinovember

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodWallop View Post
I'm at work and can't open your link. But are you trying to delete the area I highlighted in yellow?

If so, search in the Nickle patch for Row 3. That will remove it. (Again, I am at work without access to the patches. Sorry for the vague wording.)
I am! And thanks a lot, I'll definitely try
Old 05-01-2023, 03:05 PM   #34
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I am! And thanks a lot, I'll definitely try
Check my last post. I got access to the patches and gave the proper names. I guess I was editing while you were posting.
Old 05-01-2023, 03:16 PM   #35
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Quote:
You mean I should enable only
"Rename new home screen footer", right? I'll try this way, let's see if it works. Thank you
No, I meant the patch for removing the footer, sorry. Not rename. Don't enable either 4 or 5, but enable either one for removing the footer.
Sirtel is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-01-2023, 03:19 PM   #36
tokyoinovember

Quote:
Edit: Enable Remove footer (row3) and increase cover size on new home screen or Remove footer (row3) on new home screen. One or the other. Not both.
Do I also need to leave "Never show Kobo Plus, wishlist, and points SmartLinks" and "Remove recommendations (row1col2) from home screen" enabled, right?
Old 05-01-2023, 03:22 PM   #37
tokyoinovember

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirtel View Post
No, I meant the patch for removing the footer, sorry. Not rename. Don't enable either 4 or 5, but enable either one for removing the footer.
Thanks for the help!
Old 05-01-2023, 03:44 PM   #38
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar

Quote:
Thanks for the help!
Did you get everything patched and working?
Old 05-01-2023, 04:04 PM   #39
tokyoinovember

Quote:
Did you get everything patched and working?
I'll try tomorrow (it's night here) and I'll let you know!

Ps: I tried answering you twice but I don't know why my reply didn't appear! Thanks for the help to you too!
Old 05-01-2023, 04:06 PM   #40
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I'll try tomorrow (it's night here) and let you know!

Ps: I tried answering you twice but I don't know why my reply didn't appear! Thanks for the help to you too!
New posters need a moderator approve their post before it appears. That's because we've been inundated with spam in the past. If you have posted a number of times, that restriction will be lifted.
Old 05-01-2023, 04:13 PM   #41
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Do I also need to leave "Never show Kobo Plus, wishlist, and points SmartLinks" and "Remove recommendations (row1col2) from home screen" enabled, right?
You can enable them or not, as you wish. They're separate from the third row patches.
Old 05-01-2023, 04:23 PM   #42
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
I think you can probably disable these 2. If you're planning to enable a nickel.yaml patch to make row3 invisible then controlling the content of the row3 widgets seems pointless.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2023, 12:55 AM   #43
tokyoinovember

I enabled only Remove footer (row3) and increase cover size on new home screen as suggested and it worked! Thanks a lot for the help!!! 🙂
Old 05-02-2023, 10:21 AM   #44
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar

Quote:
I enabled only Remove footer (row3) and increase cover size on new home screen as suggested and it worked! Thanks a lot for the help!!! 🙂

Tags
kobopatch, patch, patch32lsb, patches, patching