Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 09-21-2022, 04:13 PM   #16
johnydon3
Enthusiast
johnydon3 began at the beginning.

Device: Clara HD, Nook Glowlight Plus (2015), Kindle 4, x2 Kindle Basic 10gen
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deobulakenyo View Post
Steps no. 1 and no. 4 in the first post of this thread.
Thank you very much!
johnydon3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2022, 02:49 AM   #17
UCCU666
Enthusiast
UCCU666 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.UCCU666 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.UCCU666 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.UCCU666 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.UCCU666 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.UCCU666 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.UCCU666 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.UCCU666 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.UCCU666 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.UCCU666 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.UCCU666 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma/Elipsa/Clara 2E/Libra 2, mooInk Plus 2, Pubook Pro 10.3
Quote:
Originally Posted by jesson345 View Post
I try the new patch,and multi-font is perfectly supported now!Thank you.

I dont know whats happened,and I notice:

- font-family (very limited choice from fw >= 4.32.19501)

I haven't changed any settings,I still use the old option of patch. but it's perfect now.
Finally problem fixed? Nice
UCCU666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-22-2022, 05:35 PM   #18
413Michele
Enthusiast
413Michele began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Paperwhite (1st gen)
I installed the new firmware on my Libra 2 and and my 3 patches still don't work (since 4.32, I think):
Quote:
Show all games: yes
Un-Force user text-align in div,p tags in KePubs: yes
Un-Force user font-family in KePubs: yes
I see that I'm not the only one having these problems, and they're still present for me. I tried both un-force patches on three different e-books and it worked on none of them (using option 2 on the font-family one). I am also using NickelMenu, but that didn't matter before 4.32, the only cause I can imagine is some internal change made by Kobo :(
413Michele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2022, 06:14 PM   #19
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by 413Michele View Post
I installed the new firmware on my Libra 2 and and my 3 patches still don't work (since 4.32, I think):

I see that I'm not the only one having these problems, and they're still present for me. I tried both un-force patches on three different e-books and it worked on none of them (using option 2 on the font-family one). I am also using NickelMenu, but that didn't matter before 4.32, the only cause I can imagine is some internal change made by Kobo
Kobo did change how fonts work and these patches may not work. the only un-force patch I use is Un-Force user font-family in KePubs:. But as I edit my eBooks, I may not need that. So I don't really know if it works for me or not.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2022, 06:20 PM   #20
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:

I see that I'm not the only one having these problems, and they're still present for me. I tried both un-force patches on three different e-books and it worked on none of them (using option 2 on the font-family one). I am also using NickelMenu, but that didn't matter before 4.32, the only cause I can imagine is some internal change made by Kobo
I'm afraid I don't know anything about the Show all games patch, I've never used it. Did you read the help note?
Quote:
Shows all games in beta features. Since firmware 4.20.14601, this patch is not needed if you have developer mode enabled (search devmodeon/devmodeoff).
For the other 2 patches, I use both of them and they work the same way they've always worked for me. To help you further I need a lot more detail:
  • PM me a link to a book (no DRM) where both patches are not working. If this isn't possible it might be enough if you post here a scrambled version of your book - created with the calibre ScrambleEbook plugin.
  • Describe specifically why you think neither patch is working on this book. Describe what you expected to see that you're not seeing.

Last edited by jackie_w; 09-23-2022 at 02:35 PM. Reason: typo
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-23-2022, 11:35 AM   #21
GlenRunciter
Enthusiast
GlenRunciter knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'GlenRunciter knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'GlenRunciter knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'GlenRunciter knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'GlenRunciter knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'GlenRunciter knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'GlenRunciter knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'GlenRunciter knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'GlenRunciter knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'GlenRunciter knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'GlenRunciter knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Kobo Sage
THX geek1011!
Great work as always
GlenRunciter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2022, 04:49 PM   #22
413Michele
Enthusiast
413Michele began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Paperwhite (1st gen)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie_w View Post
I'm afraid I don't know anything about the Show all games patch, I've never used it. Did you read the help note?
Yes I did, but I'd rather not enable dev mode (I haven't actually checked how it works on Kobo, but usually with dev modes you get some kind of visual warning in the UI and games are not that important to me). I put it in the list just for the sake of completeness.

Quote:
For the other 2 patches, I use both of them and they work the same way they've always worked for me. To help you further I need a lot more detail:
  • PM me a link to a book (no DRM) where both patches are not working. If this isn't possible it might be enough if you post here a scrambled version of your book - created with the calibre ScrambleEbook plugin.
  • Describe specifically why you think neither patch is working on this book. Describe what you expected to see that you're not seeing.
Thanks a lot! I've sent you a PM
413Michele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2022, 06:48 PM   #23
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Yes I did, but I'd rather not enable dev mode (I haven't actually checked how it works on Kobo, but usually with dev modes you get some kind of visual warning in the UI and games are not that important to me). I put it in the list just for the sake of completeness.
Dev mode on a Kobo has no visual warning in the UI. What you do get is access to some features that might be on the dangerous side such as being able to trigger a true factory reset or twiddle with the auto-rotation settings on those Kobos with the needed sensor.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2022, 10:41 PM   #24
robertsjchen
robertsjchen began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo, Kindle, Sony
I tried different combinations on my both Kobo Forma and KA1, however, didn't get multiple-fonts works as expected.

this feature broken since after version 4.31.19086. some of screenshot attached, before it works, the poem part shows Kaiti property, but whows Heiti in new firmwares.

attached sample kepub file(its Traditional Chinese content, please ignore if you can not read Chinse ).

--Thanks
robertsjchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2022, 07:04 AM   #25
Mars95
Mars95 can extract oil from cheeseMars95 can extract oil from cheeseMars95 can extract oil from cheeseMars95 can extract oil from cheeseMars95 can extract oil from cheeseMars95 can extract oil from cheeseMars95 can extract oil from cheeseMars95 can extract oil from cheese

Device: AuraE2, Poke 3, PW5, Libra 2
Hmm I can't get any patches to apply on my Libra 2. Even tried a manual reset and reinstall of 4.34. These ones I usually use:
'Reduce new header/footer height'
'Remove footer (row3) and increase cover size on new home screen'
'Don't uppercase header/footer text'
'Set KePub hyphenation'

It flashes normally It looks like, but nothings happened when It boots back up.
Tried them all one by one too.
How would I go about troubleshooting this?
Mars95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2022, 08:08 AM   #26
Ned
Ebook reader
Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O (ed 2, v1), Kobo Forma, Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mars95 View Post
Hmm I can't get any patches to apply on my Libra 2. Even tried a manual reset and reinstall of 4.34. These ones I usually use:
'Reduce new header/footer height'
'Remove footer (row3) and increase cover size on new home screen'
'Don't uppercase header/footer text'
'Set KePub hyphenation'

It flashes normally It looks like, but nothings happened when It boots back up.
Tried them all one by one too.
How would I go about troubleshooting this?
Strangely enough, on my Libra 2, I had the same thing. It didn't seem to work at all - obvious straight away as it didn't automatically go into USB connected mode when it had finished.
I assumed it was something I'd done wrong.

So I just applied the .tgz file again and ejected the reader, and this time it worked. ??????
Have you done it again?
Ned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2022, 08:41 AM   #27
Mars95
Mars95 can extract oil from cheeseMars95 can extract oil from cheeseMars95 can extract oil from cheeseMars95 can extract oil from cheeseMars95 can extract oil from cheeseMars95 can extract oil from cheeseMars95 can extract oil from cheeseMars95 can extract oil from cheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ned View Post
Strangely enough, on my Libra 2, I had the same thing. It didn't seem to work at all - obvious straight away as it didn't automatically go into USB connected mode when it had finished.
I assumed it was something I'd done wrong.

So I just applied the .tgz file again and ejected the reader, and this time it worked. ??????
Have you done it again?
I eject the reader and it runs the update and reboots as is should. Tried many times.
Old 09-24-2022, 08:46 AM   #28
Ned
Ebook reader
Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Have you checked the log file from when you ran the patch program (.bat)? Does that show everything in order? It will tell you which patches it sets to Yes and No, so see if that is right.
Old 09-24-2022, 09:16 AM   #29
Mars95

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ned View Post
Have you checked the log file from when you ran the patch program (.bat)? Does that show everything in order? It will tell you which patches it sets to Yes and No, so see if that is right.
No errors. Just tried patching my Aura E2 with the same kobopatch config and it works flawlessly.
I have once again reflashed the 4.34 firmware on the Libra, patched the firmware (triple checked it's the correct firmware package I've downloaded) and again, the device runs the the package and updates as it should, the changes just doesn't apply. Sigh.. I give up
Old 09-24-2022, 09:40 AM   #30
Ned
Ebook reader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mars95 View Post
No errors. Just tried patching my Aura E2 with the same kobopatch config and it works flawlessly.
I have once again reflashed the 4.34 firmware on the Libra, patched the firmware (triple checked it's the correct firmware package I've downloaded) and again, the device runs the the package and updates as it should, the changes just doesn't apply. Sigh.. I give up
Me too you'll have to see if the experts can help.

Tags
kobopatch, patch, patch32lsb, patches, patching