Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 09-20-2022, 09:58 PM   #1
geek1011
Wizard
geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Aura Edition 2 v1, Clara HD
Instructions for patching firmware 4.34.20097

This patch thread is for firmware 4.34.20097 (cd4e1bb2c256f98207f80e977684314afbfe2b28):

Instructions for patching on Windows, Linux, or macOS with kobopatch:
  1. Download the Kobo firmware release
    You can find the download links here here.
  2. Download and extract the patch zip
    Download and unzip kobopatch_4.34.20097.zip from here.
  3. Copy the firmware file to the src folder
    Copy the original firmware you just downloaded into the kobopatch src folder.
  4. Install the firmware if needed
    Install the firmware on your kobo BEFORE proceeding with the next steps. You can do this by extracting the contents of the firmware zip into the .kobo folder and ejecting.
  5. Choose your patches from the files in the src folder
    Enable patches in the files in the src folder (or use the overrides in kobopatch.yaml to keep your options separate).
  6. Run kobopatch
    Double-click kobopatch.bat on Windows, or run ./kobopatch.sh on Linux or macOS. On macOS, you can drag it into the terminal and press enter (you may need to go to System Preferences - Security and Privacy - General to confirm that you actually want to run it).
  7. Install the patches by copying KoboRoot.tgz into the .kobo folder of your device
    If the patching succeeded, a file named KoboRoot.tgz will be created in the out folder. Copy it to the .kobo folder of your device. Safely remove your device once you are finished. On Linux, you may have to press Ctrl+H to show the .kobo folder.
Download
geek1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2022, 09:58 PM   #2
geek1011
Wizard
geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Aura Edition 2 v1, Clara HD
Changes to the kobopatch zip:
v80 (2022-12-08): Update "New home screen subtitle custom font" (jackie_w).
v79 (2022-09-20): Initial release for 4.34.20097.

Missing patches:
- GeoffR: KePub constant font sharpness
- GeoffR: Ignore .otf fonts

Last edited by geek1011; 12-08-2022 at 07:21 PM. Reason: v80
geek1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-20-2022, 10:41 PM   #3
Deobulakenyo
Guru
Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Boyue Likebook P78
Thank you so much, geek1011
Deobulakenyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2022, 11:12 PM   #4
jesson345
Enthusiast
jesson345 began at the beginning.

Device: kobo glo hd
Thank you!
Un-Force user font-family in KePubs is still not supported?
jesson345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2022, 02:37 AM   #5
Deobulakenyo
Guru
Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Updated and patched my Libra 2. So far so good.
Advert
Old 09-21-2022, 04:57 AM   #6
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
The beta patches created by @jackie_w for 4.33.19759 don't fail when run against 4.34.20097.

Can they be taken out of beta at some point? Thanks.

These patches are...
1. jackie_w Screensaver full:
Code:
  - Description: |
      FullScreenDragonPowerView.qss
      On fullscreen sleep screensaver reduce size of infoWidget
      Make infoWidget invisible when Sleeping, visible when Powered Off
      N.B: Not suitable for Japanese/Chinese locale users
2. beta Increase width available for book Title in Booklists - Storm only:
Code:
        'Storm' devices only (LibraH2O/Libra2)
        Increase width available for book Title in GUI Booklists.
          - Part 1:     Customise font-size of book Title
          - Part 2:     (optional) Customise font-size of book Author(s) & Subtitle
          - Part 3:     Customise font-size of book Series and book (time remaining, filetype, filesize)
          - Part 4a/4b: Reduce large left/right margins in Booklists
        To get an idea of what effect this patch has, see screenshots at
            https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4239375&postcount=844
        N.B. Not suitable for users of Chinese-HK locale
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2022, 06:26 AM   #7
Deobulakenyo
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
The beta patches created by @jackie_w for 4.33.19759 don't fail when run against 4.34.20097.

These patches are...
Code:
Code:
          - Part 3:     Customise font-size of book Series and book (time remaining, filetype, filesize)

Jackie's "Increase width available for book Title in Booklists - Storm only" patch carries over the new feature of dropdown displaying three ither recent books.😁

Very nice. Very nice.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screen_002.png
Views:	2214
Size:	301.8 KB
ID:	196685  

Last edited by Deobulakenyo; 09-21-2022 at 06:46 AM.
Old 09-21-2022, 09:16 AM   #8
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by jesson345 View Post
Thank you!
Un-Force user font-family in KePubs is still not supported?
Patch Un-Force user font-family in KePubs is still supported. It works the same way it's always worked. I know this for a fact because I use it myself (Alternative 3).

If you're suddenly having a problem with font-family in a kepub it's much more likely to be caused by a combination of:
  • the changes Kobo made to font-handling in fw 4.32.19501
  • the font-family CSS contained in your particular kepub

To offer more specific help I'd need to see the kepub you're having trouble with or, at the very least, the kepub CSS font-family rule you think isn't working the same way it used to do.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2022, 09:46 AM   #9
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post

These patches are...
Code:
Code:
1. I think the first one is used by hardly anyone. It still works and you can use it. What's the problem?

2. No good deed goes unpunished! It works OK as-is for the few who want to keep using it. There's no evidence it's of interest to the majority. The bigger issue is that it's not a complete patch. There's a beta for LibraH20/Libra2 users and a different beta for AuraOne/Forma/Sage/Elipsa users. The many other models are not currently supported at all and it would take a lot more work to do so. It's not how I want to spend my free time just now.

If it makes you feel any better, I do use both myself so there's a personal incentive to try to fix them if they do stop working.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2022, 10:14 AM   #10
jesson345
Enthusiast

Thank you,I will try it。
Old 09-21-2022, 10:16 AM   #11
johnydon3
Enthusiast
johnydon3 began at the beginning.

Device: Clara HD, Nook Glowlight Plus (2015), Kindle 4, x2 Kindle Basic 10gen
How do I manually update my Clara HD? I have been waiting for the update and trying to synchronize my Kobo but it just doesn't get any update download
johnydon3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2022, 10:35 AM   #12
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie_w View Post
1. I think the first one is used by hardly anyone. It still works and you can use it. What's the problem?

2. No good deed goes unpunished! It works OK as-is for the few who want to keep using it. There's no evidence it's of interest to the majority. The bigger issue is that it's not a complete patch. There's a beta for LibraH20/Libra2 users and a different beta for AuraOne/Forma/Sage/Elipsa users. The many other models are not currently supported at all and it would take a lot more work to do so. It's not how I want to spend my free time just now.

If it makes you feel any better, I do use both myself so there's a personal incentive to try to fix them if they do stop working.
Thank you. I've not yet installed the new firmware. I'll be doing that after my Libra 2 is charged. I don't like to install firmware with it being less then 50%.

Last edited by JSWolf; 09-21-2022 at 10:44 AM.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2022, 10:55 AM   #13
Deobulakenyo
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnydon3 View Post
How do I manually update my Clara HD? I have been waiting for the update and trying to synchronize my Kobo but it just doesn't get any update download
Steps no. 1 and no. 4 in the first post of this thread.
Old 09-21-2022, 11:41 AM   #14
IanScuffling
Enthusiast
IanScuffling began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Great work, as always!
IanScuffling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2022, 12:46 PM   #15
jesson345
Enthusiast

I try the new patch,and multi-font is perfectly supported now!Thank you.

I dont know whats happened,and I notice:

- font-family (very limited choice from fw >= 4.32.19501)

I haven't changed any settings,I still use the old option of patch. but it's perfect now.

Tags
kobopatch, patch, patch32lsb, patches, patching