Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 03-27-2024, 12:36 AM   #1486
Solitaire1
Samurai Lizard
Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: NookColor
Quote:
Originally Posted by ownedbycats View Post
Star Trek: The Animated Series

Attachment 207180

Attachment 207181

Giant Spock Clone. Okay, then.

Attachment 207182

Spock...drawing a pentagram on the floor...okay then?

Attachment 207183

oh no
There was a reference to this in Star Trek: The Lower Decks. They find a corpse of a giant Spock.
Solitaire1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2024, 05:05 AM   #1487
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
I'm currently staying with friends and the wife is curling crazy. She curls 3 to 4 times a week and loves sitting in the basement watching it. We've been lucky of late with events including various Grand Slam events, the Canadian Men's and Women's championships, the Women's World championship. Of course next weekend the Men's World championship starts.

Sent from my Pixel 7a using Tapatalk
She must have some mighty knees. At my stage of disintegration, er, rather, decrepitude, one curling session alone would probably bring my knees to, well, their knees!

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-31-2024, 06:43 AM   #1488
Bookstooge
Guru
Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 1st Gen
Just started my 4th re-watch of Futurama. I just cycle through that show and I've yet to get tired of it
Bookstooge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2024, 07:12 AM   #1489
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
Earlier this week we watched the first two episodes of The Regime, on HBO with Kate Winslet. We thought it was meh and won't be continuing, that sort of series just aren't for us (like Succession and Yellowstone).

Last night we started with Renegade Nell and we both loved it. We have five more episodes to go, so we'll probably finish it tomorrow.
Rumpelteazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2024, 02:25 PM   #1490
cc_in_oh
Bob's my uncle
cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookstooge View Post
Just started my 4th re-watch of Futurama. I just cycle through that show and I've yet to get tired of it
Good news everyone!
cc_in_oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-31-2024, 02:50 PM   #1491
neil_swann80
neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB632 [HD3]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookstooge View Post
This ending gets me with every re-watch...
neil_swann80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2024, 09:45 PM   #1492
cc_in_oh
Bob's my uncle
cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

We're getting near the end of our to-watch list- Granite Harbour, Good Cop, Mrs. Sidhu Investigates, all kind of marginal. The French Mystery of Manon was good and another Scottish show, The Victim, was pretty good with John Hannah and Kelly Macdonald.

I see that Prime has the Chinese Three-Body - anybody given that a look?
Old 04-01-2024, 01:25 PM   #1493
neil_swann80
neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB632 [HD3]
Watching Guy Ritchie's "The Gentlemen" TV show. Really good so far. If you liked his movie with the same name I think this show will be up your street also.
neil_swann80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2024, 01:34 PM   #1494
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by cc_in_oh View Post
I see that Prime has the Chinese Three-Body - anybody given that a look?
I liked the several episodes I watched. But I'm always challenged by subtitled shows. I have a hard time telling characters apart when I have to focus hard on the captions instead of being able to look at faces. Especially when there's an ensemble cast. The subtitles on the Chinese version are pretty fast and furious, too. But if that sort of thing doesn't bother you, I'd definitely give it a shot. Seemed like a pretty solid adaptation to me. They kept the humorous aspect that I especially enjoyed from the written version.

Last edited by DiapDealer; 04-02-2024 at 02:42 PM.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2024, 01:23 PM   #1495
cc_in_oh
Bob's my uncle

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
I liked the several episodes I watched. But I'm always challenged by subtitled shows. I have a hard time telling characters apart when I have to focus hard on the captions instead of being able to look at faces. Especially when there's an ensemble cast. The subtitles on the Chinese version are pretty fast and furious, too. But if that sort of thing doesn't bother you, I'd definitely give a shot. Seemed like a pretty solid adaptation to me. They kept the humorous aspect that I especially enjoyed from the written version.
Thanks, I haven't read it so not sure what to expect but sounds worth a look...
Old 04-02-2024, 02:35 PM   #1496
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I liked the several episodes I watched. But I'm always challenged by subtitled shows. I have a hard time telling characters apart when I have to focus hard on the captions instead of being able to look at faces. Especially when there's an ensemble cast. The subtitles on the Chinese version are pretty fast and furious, too. But if that sort of thing doesn't bother you, I'd definitely give a shot. Seemed like a pretty solid adaptation to me. They kept the humorous aspect that I especially enjoyed from the written version.
Mr. H has the same problem. He can't see faces and read the subtitles at the same time. I mean, who can? It's very frustrating. And it's made arithmetically harder if you're trying to remember faces across races and all that, where we, I admit, struggle. I can keep most faces separate but again, not if I'm spending 60% of my time reading the captions. And Mr. H is face-blind so this is...brutal.

Hitch
Old 04-02-2024, 10:13 PM   #1497
Solitaire1
Samurai Lizard
Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I liked the several episodes I watched. But I'm always challenged by subtitled shows. I have a hard time telling characters apart when I have to focus hard on the captions instead of being able to look at faces. Especially when there's an ensemble cast. The subtitles on the Chinese version are pretty fast and furious, too. But if that sort of thing doesn't bother you, I'd definitely give it a shot. Seemed like a pretty solid adaptation to me. They kept the humorous aspect that I especially enjoyed from the written version.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitch View Post
Mr. H has the same problem. He can't see faces and read the subtitles at the same time. I mean, who can? It's very frustrating. And it's made arithmetically harder if you're trying to remember faces across races and all that, where we, I admit, struggle. I can keep most faces separate but again, not if I'm spending 60% of my time reading the captions. And Mr. H is face-blind so this is...brutal.

Hitch
I've watched subtitled anime and have found that the trick is to first watch the show/movie paying mostly attention to the subtitles. When I watch it again I find that I remember the subtitles so I can concentrate on what is going on on the screen.
Old 04-03-2024, 12:25 PM   #1498
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solitaire1 View Post
I've watched subtitled anime and have found that the trick is to first watch the show/movie paying mostly attention to the subtitles. When I watch it again I find that I remember the subtitles so I can concentrate on what is going on on the screen.
That would work if he would consider watching anything twice, but that's not in play here. I mean, seriously, it has to be...well, hell, The Wire or something like that. Something like anime, which he will barely consider watching once? Nyet.

Hitch
Old 04-03-2024, 03:53 PM   #1499
Solitaire1
Samurai Lizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitch View Post
That would work if he would consider watching anything twice, but that's not in play here. I mean, seriously, it has to be...well, hell, The Wire or something like that. Something like anime, which he will barely consider watching once? Nyet.

Hitch
I was referring to anything subtitled, not just anime. My method works for me for any subtitled video. It's just most of the subtitled videos I watch are anime.
Old 04-03-2024, 05:27 PM   #1500
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solitaire1 View Post
I was referring to anything subtitled, not just anime. My method works for me for any subtitled video. It's just most of the subtitled videos I watch are anime.
Yes, i realized that. I should have elaborated but getting him to watch anything twice is oral surgery sans anesthesia. (Should not have mentioned that; having that tomorrow my own self, damn.)

Hitch