Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 06-19-2015, 02:23 PM   #1
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
Amazon Fire Devices moving to Fire OS 5

Developer preview starts now, new releases in the fall.

https://developer.amazon.com/public/...eloper-Preview

That means Lollipop.

Devices to be updated are tablets, FireTV and FireTV stick, and Fire Phone.
(Suggests they're not done with phones.)

Also:
http://www.aftvnews.com/developer-pr...s-5/#more-7426
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 05:24 PM   #2
zebradude
Addict
zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: See Signature
Quote:
Originally Posted by fjtorres View Post
Developer preview starts now, new releases in the fall.

https://developer.amazon.com/public/...eloper-Preview

That means Lollipop.

Devices to be updated are tablets, FireTV and FireTV stick, and Fire Phone.
(Suggests they're not done with phones.)

Also:
http://www.aftvnews.com/developer-pr...s-5/#more-7426
Thank you for the "heads up". I have activated my HD6 for download.
zebradude is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-20-2015, 02:14 AM   #3
dj_mcm2001
dj_mcm2001 began at the beginning.

Device: none
Unhappy

Fire HD 7 2013 KFSOWI

Quote:
Fire OS 5 Developer Preview

We found no compatible devices associated with this account. The only devices compatible with the Fire OS 5 Developer Preview are the Fire HD 6 and Fire HD 7 (released in 2014).
Fire OS 5 Developer Preview works with Fire HD 6 and Fire HD 7 tablets (2014 editions).

Please note that after upgrading a device to the Fire OS 5 Developer Preview, reverting to Fire OS 4 will factory-reset the device.
dj_mcm2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2015, 08:16 AM   #4
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
Do you have to be an app developer to use the preview? Or can anyone get it?

Oh never mind, I see that you do.

Last edited by booklover6; 06-20-2015 at 08:19 AM.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2015, 02:29 PM   #5
zebradude
Addict
zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover6 View Post
Do you have to be an app developer to use the preview? Or can anyone get it?

Oh never mind, I see that you do.
Yes BUT it's a FREE service just sign up!

Advert
Old 06-20-2015, 06:30 PM   #6
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zebradude View Post
Yes BUT it's a FREE service just sign up!

Oh, cool, I didn't realize I didn't have to have an app in development.

How long did it take for you to get the new OS?
Old 06-20-2015, 07:17 PM   #7
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Note that it is a Beta OS.
Stability is not going to be high at this point. And some of the new features may not be present (to keep unwelcome attention at bay).
But if you like to play with new stuff, knock yourself out.

Me, I'm just happy to know there's updates coming...
Old 06-20-2015, 07:47 PM   #8
zebradude
Addict

Now our friend Mr. Torres is correct you must be a type of person that can handle ALOT of bugs as the software is very new in its development.

now that I said that it took 5 mins after I approved the HD6 as a development device and the OS was downloading!~

Old 06-20-2015, 08:27 PM   #9
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer

I do like to play with new stuff. I got the update! My girls are going to love when this gets released!

Can't open the kindle books app! Doesn't matter to me, but it is kind of funny.

Last edited by booklover6; 06-20-2015 at 08:42 PM.
Old 06-20-2015, 09:00 PM   #10
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:

I had that happen to my two year old FIRE HD 8.9.
I had to reset to factory settings to get it back.
Old 06-21-2015, 06:53 AM   #11
zebradude
Addict

Quote:
I do like to play with new stuff. I got the update! My girls are going to love when this gets released!

Yep I can't open up audiobooks. I knew it would be buggie and I have an HDX 8.9 and a HDX 7 to REALLY use...