Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 03-07-2019, 10:45 AM   #1216
Almamida
Guru
Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage - Kindle PW5 & Voyage - iPad Pro M1 12.9
Wow, awesome ! Thank you for your work on this.
Almamida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2019, 03:21 AM   #1217
AcidWeb
KCC Co-Author
AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2
Rebuilding binary after after a year break was a way more painful process I expected. Just released version 5.5.1 that should fix all stability issues added as unplanned feature to 5.5.0 :-P

Windows users need to download update manually as auto-updater in 5.5.0 is broken :|

@Almamida - You need to decrease size of your input files to fit in 50MB limit.
AcidWeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-08-2019, 04:45 AM   #1218
Edi2D
Edi2D began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Forma
Thanks a lot ! The combo Kobo Forma / WEBP made my day <3
Edi2D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 11:29 AM   #1219
LunarPierro
LunarPierro began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Is there anything I can do to enable the landscape mode (converting to mobi), or is it not supported? I'm using Kindle Voyage
LunarPierro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2019, 03:24 AM   #1220
Stefanot04
Stefanot04 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW2
Question Hi

Hello, thanks for this incredible app!

Question, on later version there was an option -> MCD, where you enter a code from a website and then the book will have the cover of its manga. Now this option is removed and if you add the image using calibre the files brokes.
Is there other way to upload the cover image without damaging the book? I tried with ComicRack but not possible there, at least not for me.
The other way was to add the cover photo as the first image of the first chapter of the history, but I don't like that way too much.

Is is possible to add the image like when kcc supported mcd? or into the metadata?
Thanks in advance, greetings

Stefano
Stefanot04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-23-2019, 11:37 AM   #1221
lvfmc85
lvfmc85 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3
Hello,

Thank you for this great software.

I just updated to the latest version 5.5.1 and I started to have problems with directory structure.

I have several mangas that are organized in Volume\chapters\pages.jpg and it use to work great until the update. Now I can only convert each chapter separately, if I add any subfolder to the structure I receive this error. Last week I converted some of my mangas with an older version of KCC (5.1.2) and it was fine, but since I got the new version I cannot convert the volumes anymore. There's anything I can do to solve this?

I already try to convert it first to cbz and cbr with same results.
I’m using the Variant B directory structure from the wiki.
I have 8 chapters with approx 22 jpg files on each. On the root folder I have the cover (jpg file) and the Comicinfo.xml. The total size is 17.3MB with 179 files.

The log sequence is this:
“Source: D:\Hunter X Hunter – Vol. 001
Creating EPUB files..
Unsupported directory structure
Error during conversion! Please consult wiki for more details.”

Thank you so much.
lvfmc85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2019, 11:42 AM   #1222
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvfmc85 View Post
Hello,

Thank you for this great software.

I just updated to the latest version 5.5.1 and I started to have problems with directory structure.

I have several mangas that are organized in Volume\chapters\pages.jpg and it use to work great until the update. Now I can only convert each chapter separately, if I add any subfolder to the structure I receive this error. Last week I converted some of my mangas with an older version of KCC (5.1.2) and it was fine, but since I got the new version I cannot convert the volumes anymore. There's anything I can do to solve this?

I already try to convert it first to cbz and cbr with same results.
I’m using the Variant B directory structure from the wiki.
I have 8 chapters with approx 22 jpg files on each. On the root folder I have the cover (jpg file) and the Comicinfo.xml. The total size is 17.3MB with 179 files.

The log sequence is this:
“Source: D:\Hunter X Hunter – Vol. 001
Creating EPUB files..
Unsupported directory structure
Error during conversion! Please consult wiki for more details.”

Thank you so much.
Looks like you need to have put quotes around the directory name. Spaces are causing the confusion along with a hyphen and a period. Alternately get rid of the illegal characters.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2019, 11:49 AM   #1223
AcidWeb
KCC Co-Author
AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@LunarPierro - No. It is not supported as KCC created e-books have locked orientation for x+1 technical reasons.

@Stefanot04 - You talking about thumbnail of book seen in library view or real e-book cover?

@lvfmc85 - 5.2.1 was released over 3 years ago. Upload your source file somewhere and send me PM with the link.
Old 03-23-2019, 11:58 AM   #1224
lvfmc85

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
Looks like you need to have put quotes around the directory name. Spaces are causing the confusion along with a hyphen and a period. Alternately get rid of the illegal characters.

Dale
Thank you very much, Dale.

I did what you suggested, I renamed my volume folder to vol1 and the chapters to 01; 02; 03 .... The images have only numbers and chars on the names. Now the structure is: "D:\vol1\01\hxh00001.jpg" But I'm getting the same error.

I also tried a folder that I have successfully converted with the KCC 5.1.2 and now (on version 5.5.1), with the same files, names and structure, I cannot convert it.

I'm trying to find an older KCC version for windows but I can't find it anywhere.
Old 03-23-2019, 12:06 PM   #1225
lvfmc85

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcidWeb View Post
@LunarPierro - No. It is not supported as KCC created e-books have locked orientation for x+1 technical reasons.

@Stefanot04 - You talking about thumbnail of book seen in library view or real e-book cover?

@lvfmc85 - 5.2.1 was released over 3 years ago. Upload your source file somewhere and send me PM with the link.
Yes, it took me a long time to update it. I was just using the old version.
I'm sending you the links for 2 rar files containing the folders and files. One with the original names and the other with simplified names as suggested by Dale.

Thank you!

Last edited by lvfmc85; 03-23-2019 at 12:12 PM.
Old 03-23-2019, 12:22 PM   #1226
AcidWeb
KCC Co-Author

Checked original one. Problem is caused by file HXH0000001.jpg which lies outside the directory structure. I presume that is a cover. Move it to chapter 1 directory and everything will start to work.
Old 03-23-2019, 12:34 PM   #1227
lvfmc85

Quote:
Checked original one. Problem is caused by file HXH0000001.jpg which lies outside the directory structure. I presume that is a cover. Move it to chapter 1 directory and everything will start to work.
Thank you! It solved all! I thought the cover should be added outside , like the comicinfo.xml (that's how I used to do it), but moving to the chapter one not only solved the problem but also added the right file as cover. Thank you so much for your help!
Old 03-23-2019, 12:49 PM   #1228
Stefanot04
Stefanot04 began at the beginning.

Exclamation

Quote:

When you are in kindle the book appears with a cover of the book instead of the first page of the book if it dosn't have cover.
Stefanot04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2019, 07:27 AM   #1229
AcidWeb
KCC Co-Author

I'm aware that is not implemented perfectly. I'm currently sketching plans of major overhaul how metadata are handled.
Old 05-15-2019, 09:25 PM   #1230
GuerraFern
GuerraFern began at the beginning.

Hi Guys

I have used this amazing software around 1 year ago in my old laptop and everything went great there.

I've installed on my desktop now and if i try convert a .cbr i receive this following error.

https://ibb.co/cw99qSy

When i try PDF the process get stuck on "processing mobi files" forever. Abort btn doesn't work too and the only way to close then is through Task Manager.

https://ibb.co/XsX2Lbd

Have any way to fix this? I missing a lot KCC

Thank you guys
GuerraFern is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
k5 tools, kcc, kindle tools