Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 02-06-2018, 03:23 PM   #1126
radius
Lector minore
radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura One, Samsung Galaxy Tab S5e, Google Pixel Slate
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aoba View Post
You still read it in the same order, literally the only difference is what button/direction you press to change page. Considering every other book I read is left to right changing it just for manga feels far more unnatural for me.
Yeah, but if you read paper manga you have to flip the pages the other way. You have to read word balloons rtl and the panels also flow rtl for manga regardless of whether it is on paper or ebook. It's only really the page flip button or swipe that would be the same as ltr books.

But fair enough if you can't get used to page flipping in the opposite way. I'd prefer that over seeing dual page layouts in the wrong order, personally.
radius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2018, 10:46 AM   #1127
CuddleTrousers
CuddleTrousers began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2
After searching through the web and trying to find the solution, I hope I'm not asking an already answered question.

What is your recommendation on output conversion? Do you use epub or mobi for manga on a Kindle (Oasis 2)? I can't find a clear answer as to what format is better for manga using KCC. It seems to come down to personal preference, for manga, anyway.

Are they the same, or do you prefer one over the other?
CuddleTrousers is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-04-2018, 10:47 AM   #1128
AcidWeb
KCC Co-Author
AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Oasis 2 don't support EPUB at all. MOBI (AZW3) is only option.

EPUB output is intermediate product if somebody want to modify something before AZW3 conversion.
AcidWeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2018, 11:12 AM   #1129
CuddleTrousers
CuddleTrousers began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcidWeb View Post

EPUB output is intermediate product if somebody want to modify something before AZW3 conversion.
Alright then. Thanks for the clarification!
CuddleTrousers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2018, 06:08 PM   #1130
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:

Yes, except for PDF is a choice.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-04-2018, 06:14 PM   #1131
AcidWeb
KCC Co-Author
AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Technically speaking - Yes. PDF is option too.

Practically speaking - Considering how well comics/manga is supported by AZW3 (and even better by KFX) using PDF for this type of content on Kindle is in my opinion waste of everybody time.

PS. Last time when I checked KFX renderer (or KFX generator) have some issues with image gamma and currently AZW3 provide better image quality.

Last edited by AcidWeb; 03-04-2018 at 06:16 PM.
Old 03-09-2018, 01:22 AM   #1132
AcidWeb
KCC Co-Author

Version 5.4.4 is out!
  • Minor bug fixes
Old 03-09-2018, 02:45 PM   #1133
AcidWeb
KCC Co-Author

Just released official packages for Ubuntu 14.04/16.04/17.10 and Debian 8/9.

Additionally small tip for Power Users: CLI version of KCC have experimental KFX output profile that create EPUB files that are compatible with Calibre KFX Output plugin by jhowell.
Old 03-10-2018, 03:21 AM   #1134
AcidWeb
KCC Co-Author

Version 5.4.5 is out!
  • Fixed EPUB output for non-Kindle devices

Pfffffff
Old 03-17-2018, 06:57 PM   #1135
adamone
adamone began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Oasis 32gb 8gen
Hello, I will need help I am completely lost.
I can not convert my files to KCC because of the problem "can not file Kindlegen!" & "installing it using brew", while I followed the installation process with the command terminal which assures me that the process is complete. So why am I experiencing this problem? Excuse my bad English I am French, I hope you can help me.

Thank you
adamone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2018, 03:19 AM   #1136
AcidWeb
KCC Co-Author

Open console and check if command "kindlegen" provide any output.
Old 03-18-2018, 07:37 AM   #1137
adamone

Quote:
Open console and check if command "kindlegen" provide any output.
Command not found
Old 03-19-2018, 08:27 AM   #1138
Peveks
Peveks began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
I assume that you have MacOSX so I've had the same issue.

At first you have to install HomeBrew, please follow this link:
https://brew.sh

After use following link to install kindlegen:

http://macappstore.org/kindlegen/
Peveks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 05:07 PM   #1139
adamone

First of all thank you for your help, I had already followed this installation method.
But I still followed your advice and kindlegen is still not installed yet I follow the procedure to the letter. I show you a screenshot can you tell me why it does not work with me?

thank you

Old 03-19-2018, 05:35 PM   #1140
AcidWeb
KCC Co-Author

Open fresh console and provide output of kindlegen -locale en -version command.

Tags
k5 tools, kcc, kindle tools