Notices

Old 03-16-2024, 09:05 AM   #1
ttraxx
ttraxx began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Calibre Permission Error

Hi Everyone,

I am running calibre LSIO docker and keep getting this error:

Traceback (most recent call last): File "calibre/db/backend.py", line 415, in rmtree_with_retry
File "shutil.py", line 732, in rmtree
File "shutil.py", line 683, in _rmtree_safe_fd
File "shutil.py", line 681, in _rmtree_safe_fd
PermissionError: [Errno 13] Permission denied: 'metadata.opf'

I have manually checked all of the metadata.opf files that are mounted in my system (QNAP linux host) library directory have proper permissions, but I don't know where else there could be these "metadata.opf" files?

Calibre seems to be working im just getting this errors spamming in my logs

Thanks in advance!
ttraxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2024, 10:02 AM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ttraxx View Post
Hi Everyone,

I am running calibre LSIO docker and keep getting this error:

Traceback (most recent call last): File "calibre/db/backend.py", line 415, in rmtree_with_retry
File "shutil.py", line 732, in rmtree
File "shutil.py", line 683, in _rmtree_safe_fd
File "shutil.py", line 681, in _rmtree_safe_fd
PermissionError: [Errno 13] Permission denied: 'metadata.opf'

I have manually checked all of the metadata.opf files that are mounted in my system (QNAP linux host) library directory have proper permissions, but I don't know where else there could be these "metadata.opf" files?

Calibre seems to be working im just getting this errors spamming in my logs

Thanks in advance!
Do you have anything else accessing the directory or do you have the directory open in anything?
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2024, 10:14 AM   #3
ttraxx

Readarr / QBitorrent
Old 03-16-2024, 11:11 AM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Readarr / QBitorrent
Are these eBooks you are getting from a torrent site?
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2024, 11:41 AM   #5
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Are these eBooks you are getting from a torrent site?
Jon; I really wish you'd stop with this harping over torrented material. Whether they are or not is not relevant to the question being asked. There is NO indication in the log of any book titles / sources.

Sent from my Pixel 7a using Tapatalk
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2024, 01:26 PM   #6
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Legitimate stuff uses Torrent protocol.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2024, 01:27 PM   #7
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Quote:
Readarr / QBitorrent
Exclude that from Calibre directories/folders.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2024, 02:18 PM   #8
ttraxx

Apologies - sharing full logs here: https://pastebin.com/HgRWFjn3

It seems like something in the `expire_old_trash` function could be causing it.

Is there a way to force delete everything in the trash (including db records referencing trash if needed?)
Old 03-16-2024, 05:37 PM   #9
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
Quote:
Is there a way to force delete everything in the trash (including db records referencing trash if needed?)
Remove Books > Restore recently deleted. It'll look like this (though probably not empty):

Click image for larger version

Name:	2024-03-16 18_38_24-Recently deleted books.png
Views:	17
Size:	10.5 KB
ID:	206940

Check the tooltip for 'permanently delete after', there's an option to delete upon closing Calibre which may help.

Last edited by ownedbycats; 03-16-2024 at 05:40 PM.
ownedbycats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2024, 05:43 PM   #10
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Apologies - sharing full logs here: https://pastebin.com/HgRWFjn3

It seems like something in the `expire_old_trash` function could be causing it.

Couple of FAQs that might be relevant:

Because you mentioned QNAP, which I know as a Network Accessible Storage (NAS) device ==>> I am getting errors with my calibre library on a networked drive/NAS?

Because this is the error you're getting ==>> I am getting a “Permission Denied” error?

The .caltrash folder (which is hidden) contains no database. The library folder contents for a removed book is moved to .caltrash/b/nnnn where nnnn is the books id column. AFAIK there is no reference to removed books or formats in the library database.

BR
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2024, 05:47 PM   #11
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Any details as to how you've created the Docker container, and how you've mounted the folder containing your calibre library to the container?

Sent from my Pixel 7a using Tapatalk
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote