Notices

Old 03-30-2010, 10:12 AM   #1
Rafardeon
Enthusiast
Rafardeon began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
ePub with eCub -- Import problem of .lit

Hi,

I'm trying to import .lit files into eCub to convert them to ePub. Unfortunatelly I don't manage to import the required Calibre tools to do the import.
I'm working on MacOS 10.6 and Calbre is in my Applications folder.

Can anyone help?

Thanks,
Rafa
Rafardeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 03:15 PM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Are you using eCub or Calibre?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-31-2010, 02:53 PM   #3
ATimson
Evangelist
ATimson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATimson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATimson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATimson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATimson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATimson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATimson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATimson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATimson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATimson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATimson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Are you using eCub or Calibre?
The answer is "yes"; eCub uses Calibre to do a Mobipocket or LIT import.

Rafardeon, have you updated eCub's preferences, to make sure that it knows where Calibre is located?
ATimson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 06:50 AM   #4
Rafardeon
Enthusiast

That's the problem, ATimson. I can't figure out which folder I have to enter in the eCub options. Is it a subfolder of Calibre.app? Or ist it Calibre.app? Or ist it Applications? Nothing seems to work.
Old 04-05-2010, 10:04 AM   #5
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

If all that's being done is a conversion of this MS Reader file to ePub, why not just forget eCub and just use Calibre to do the conversion?
Advert
Old 04-05-2010, 04:06 PM   #6
Rafardeon
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
If all that's being done is a conversion of this MS Reader file to ePub, why not just forget eCub and just use Calibre to do the conversion?
It's not all I want to do. The conversion doesn't work perfectly with certain books and eCub provides an easy way to edit them. I consider it far more ponderous to convert them to epub with Calibre and then import the generated ePub to eCub. Since the feature is available I'd like to use it.

Has nobody any idea which path to enter at the preferences pane of eCub?
Old 04-05-2010, 04:37 PM   #7
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Once you convert to ePub from MS Reader via Calibre, you can unzip the ePub, make the edits, rezip the changed files and there you go, done. It's what I do and it works fine.
Old 04-09-2010, 07:05 AM   #8
Rafardeon
Enthusiast

Sorry, JSWolf, but your answers are not very helpful. eCub offers exactly the features I'd like to use and I just have to get it running. There is no sense in using several different tools when you can have it all in one.
Old 04-10-2010, 11:47 PM   #9
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafardeon View Post
Sorry, JSWolf, but your answers are not very helpful. eCub offers exactly the features I'd like to use and I just have to get it running. There is no sense in using several different tools when you can have it all in one.
What features of eCub do you like/use?