Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 02-04-2010, 05:41 PM   #1
Brandi
Brandi began at the beginning.

Device: nook
Kindle books On Nook?

Hi new here, I have a question ...

I noticed some ebooks I want to buy for my nook (it was shipped today) are on the amazon website but not on Barnes & Noble, my questions is can I buy ebooks on amazon and transfer them to the nook?

I know nook accepts different files but since I'm a dingbat (and have no shame in this fact haha) I just didn't know if those were the same files.

Thanks for the help. : )

Brandi
Brandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 05:44 PM   #2
Madam Broshkina
Manic Do Fuse
Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 500, 505, 350, Kindle 3, DXG, nook, Irex DR800SG, iPad
They will not work on the nook unless you remove the DRM first. Thats a whole different story though. You may want to check if they are available from Sony. Sony books will work on the nook as long as you activate Adobe Digital Editions for the nook.
Madam Broshkina is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-04-2010, 05:45 PM   #3
Elfwreck
Grand Sorcerer
Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3 (Past: Kobo Mini, PEZ, PRS-505, Clié)
The short, simple answer is no, you can't read Kindle books on a Nook.

The more complex answer is, in order to read Kindle books on a Nook, you have to remove Amazon's DRM, which involves installing Python software & learning to use scripts for it (that part's complicated and the legality is in a weird grey area), and then convert the resulting file into something readable on the Nook (that part's easy and not at all legally troublesome).

If you decide to go the strip-and-convert route, you'll need to do some searching for the relevant software; while most people at MR believe that removing DRM for personal use is legal, distributing anti-DRM tools is definitely not, and so we can't directly help you find them. (But they're not hard to find.)
Elfwreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 05:47 PM   #4
Brandi

Darn, I knew my luck wasn't going to be going to well. : / Thank you both for the information. I would try to do what was suggested but I'm scared I'd break it before I even get it. lol

Though I will deff check out on the Sony solution. Ty ty
Old 02-04-2010, 09:40 PM   #5
Joykins
Wizard
Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle Oasis 2018, kindle 4 NT, kindle PW2, iPhone, iPad mini
What is the procedure for getting the Sony e-book to the nook? I read the Sony site and it says to download their reader software for PC and then download the file. What then? Do you import the file to ADE? How? Or can you just sideload it from Sony reader?
Joykins is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-04-2010, 09:47 PM   #6
Madam Broshkina
Manic Do Fuse
Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 500, 505, 350, Kindle 3, DXG, nook, Irex DR800SG, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joykins View Post
What is the procedure for getting the Sony e-book to the nook? I read the Sony site and it says to download their reader software for PC and then download the file. What then? Do you import the file to ADE? How? Or can you just sideload it from Sony reader?

1. Install Adobe Digital Editions (ADE) on your PC.

http://www.adobe.com/products/digitaleditions/

2. Plug-in your Nook and allow ADE to activate it.
3. In ADE import the eBook files in the Sony Reader ‘My Books’ Folder. The Folder is at \Documents\My Books\eBook Library.
4. Now drag these eBooks to your Nook.
Madam Broshkina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 01:27 AM   #7
rmm200
Groupie
rmm200 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rmm200 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rmm200 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rmm200 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rmm200 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS-600
In America anyway, thanks to DMCA, possession of the tools to remove DRM, or removing DRM from your own books, is a felony. None of this civil court nonsense for us folks.

Britain and the EU have a more enlightened attitude about this. You might ask your elected representative why they did this to us.

Robert
rmm200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 07:59 AM   #8
Brandi

Thank you Madam Broshkina, sadly Sony's store didn't have the book I'm looking for in ebooks ... only Amazon. I will just have to be patient with B&N.