Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Other formats

Notices

Old 09-19-2010, 10:50 AM   #1
lcg8943
lcg8943 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
adobe digital editions converter

I have a question concerning the software adobe digital editions converter - once you convert your ebook to pdf format the file is so large ~30,000 kb or so how you reduce the size to around 1,000 kb so it is more manageable. I can see the software seems to take a picture of each page but I cannot figure how to compress the file.
lcg8943 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 10:54 AM   #2
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Welcome to MobileRead, lcg8943
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-20-2010, 09:12 AM   #3
lcg8943
lcg8943 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Thank you.
lcg8943 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 10:04 AM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by lcg8943 View Post
I have a question concerning the software adobe digital editions converter - once you convert your ebook to pdf format the file is so large ~30,000 kb or so how you reduce the size to around 1,000 kb so it is more manageable. I can see the software seems to take a picture of each page but I cannot figure how to compress the file.
PDF is not really meant to be a small file size for reading. It's really meant to be printed.

And it's not an Adobe Digital Editions converter. Adobe Digital Editions is just a program to display PDF & ePub.

Last edited by JSWolf; 09-23-2010 at 10:43 AM.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 12:15 PM   #5
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
I am not sure what program you are using to convert to PDF but as JSWolf said it is not ADE which is a reader. It is likely that the converter is converting to information to images which is why it is so big. You might want to check our wiki and find a better program.
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert