Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Writers' Corner

Notices

Old 08-17-2009, 05:27 PM   #31
nomesque
Snooty Bestselling Author
nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
i think i read that romance was the best-selling genre in ebooks, which suprised me (i would have expected it to be science fiction. so much for the stereotype, eh ? ). i could be remembering wrong but in any case it's definitely popular.
I suspect it's partly just because it's (surely) one of the best-selling genres EVER...

And that's partly, IMO, cos people who read romance generally go on to have sex someday, and breed more genetically-predisposed-to-romance-books children, as opposed to many who read sci fi...

(and stop! don't kill me YET! I haz more stories! And besides, I LOVE sci fi)
nomesque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 05:30 PM   #32
nomesque
nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slite View Post
Yah, thats what i meant, hence romance within quotation marks
Aha. Sorry for misunderstanding (I do that a lot)

PS. I LOVE the Berners. WANT. I've been in love with the critters ever since I met a few.
Advert
Old 08-18-2009, 02:05 AM   #33
Slite
Icanhasdonuts?
Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura 2nd edition, Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomesque View Post
I suspect it's partly just because it's (surely) one of the best-selling genres EVER...

And that's partly, IMO, cos people who read romance generally go on to have sex someday, and breed more genetically-predisposed-to-romance-books children, as opposed to many who read sci fi...

(and stop! don't kill me YET! I haz more stories! And besides, I LOVE sci fi)
Ok, that is getting WAY to close to "Idiocracy" for comfort....
Slite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 02:06 AM   #34
Slite
Icanhasdonuts?
Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomesque View Post
Aha. Sorry for misunderstanding (I do that a lot)

PS. I LOVE the Berners. WANT. I've been in love with the critters ever since I met a few.
The Bernese say "Hello" and defintly thinks you should get a couple
Old 08-18-2009, 02:22 AM   #35
nomesque

Quote:
Ok, that is getting WAY to close to "Idiocracy" for comfort....
LOL

Keeping mouth FIRMLY closed.
Advert
Old 08-18-2009, 02:26 AM   #36
nomesque

Quote:
The Bernese say "Hello" and defintly thinks you should get a couple
Awwwww... All I hafta do is afford the food bills...
Old 08-18-2009, 03:47 PM   #37
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
#80 today! Cool beans!
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 07:38 AM   #38
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by pshrynk View Post
#80 today! Cool beans!
now at number 77 !! maybe it will get up to number 1 !!!
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 07:39 AM   #39
Slite
Icanhasdonuts?

Quote:
Toss out all the "smut" and it would....
Old 08-19-2009, 08:14 PM   #40
nomesque

Quote:
Maybe number 2 Mark's 'How to Format for Smashwords' guide has an inside edge that'll be hard to beat...

Thanks for the support, guys n gals!
Old 08-19-2009, 09:56 PM   #41
Kess
Enthusiast
Kess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Wow, look at you, slinking your way to the top! Go, Nommie, go!
Kess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 10:44 AM   #42
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Congrats! I'm partway through it right now and only wish I had a 25th hour in the day in order to finish it.

Keep up the good work!
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 03:42 PM   #43
zelda_pinwheel
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

hey !! it's up to number 72 today !!!! still rising !!!
Old 08-31-2009, 05:39 AM   #44
Slite
Icanhasdonuts?

Still bashing it's way through the erotica... good going Nomesque!
Old 08-31-2009, 07:22 AM   #45
zelda_pinwheel

up to 68 today !!! go nomi go !!!

Tags
smashwords