Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 03-03-2009, 06:24 PM   #1
Amalthia
Wizard
Amalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505, PRS-650, PRS-T3, Pocketbook HD2
Calibre Not Opening

I'm not sure what's wrong but since I upgraded to the newest Calibre when I double click the shortcut the hourglass appears but the program doesn't open? I tried going to the directory where the program is installed thinking maybe it was my shortcut? but so far I can't figure out why the program is hanging and not opening.

I've also moved my calibre library to another drive moving my library hasn't affected the program before so I'm not sure if that's it?

I'd appreciate any and all advice.
Amalthia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 06:25 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
In a terminal run

calibre-debug -g

and post the output
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-03-2009, 06:40 PM   #3
Amalthia
Wizard
Amalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beauty

the last line says WindowsError: [Error 3] The system cannot find the path specified: u'V:\\'

Um, I'm not sure how to copy the rest of the message into notepad? but mostly it looks like it's running through the libraray.zip
Old 03-03-2009, 06:56 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
It cant find your library because the last time you used it was on V:\ drive which probably no longer exists

Start calibre from a terminal as

calibre --with-library c:\path\to\your\new\library\folder
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 07:24 PM   #5
Amalthia
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
It cant find your library because the last time you used it was on V:\ drive which probably no longer exists

Start calibre from a terminal as

calibre --with-library c:\path\to\your\new\library\folder
does this work on networked drives? I'm trying to figure out the exact path or if I need to do something special for the networked drive?
Advert
Old 03-03-2009, 07:35 PM   #6
Amalthia
Wizard

Update: For some reason I could not get the command to work but then I realized since I was mapping the network drive anyways I could just re-map to V...

It worked so now Calibre is loading. Thanks again for your help. Once I figured out it could not find the library I was able to get it work again.