Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 11-25-2012, 04:51 AM   #1
AlexBell
Wizard
AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS T3, Kobo Glo, Kindle Touch, iPad, Samsung SB 2 tablet
Help with iPad and photographs please

I'm afraid my question has nothing to do with ebooks, but I hope someone can help or point me to where I can find help.

I use a Windows 7 computer and have an iPad which I hardly ever use except to test ebooks I've designed. I know how to transfer ebooks from my computer to the iPad. My wife has an Apple computer, and has transferred photographs from her camera to her Apple.

We are going to Sydney on Wednesday to see our eldest son, and he wants to see some of the photographs my wife took on our recent trip to Europe.

We have been able to transfer some of the photographs she took from her Apple to my computer via flash drive. Is there any way I can transfer the jpgs from my computer to the iPad? Alternatively, is there some way of transferring the jpgs from her Apple to my iPad?
AlexBell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 05:39 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Connect your iPad to your PC, then run iTunes. In iTunes, select the iPad, go to the "Photos" tab, and it should be obvious from there (basically just select the folder on your PC that you've put the photos in).
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-25-2012, 02:47 PM   #3
tvjohn
Connoisseur
tvjohn is a glorious beacon of lighttvjohn is a glorious beacon of lighttvjohn is a glorious beacon of lighttvjohn is a glorious beacon of lighttvjohn is a glorious beacon of lighttvjohn is a glorious beacon of lighttvjohn is a glorious beacon of lighttvjohn is a glorious beacon of lighttvjohn is a glorious beacon of lighttvjohn is a glorious beacon of lighttvjohn is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kindle 3, K4NT
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexBell View Post
We are going to Sydney on Wednesday to see our eldest son, and he wants to see some of the photographs my wife took on our recent trip to Europe.
Alternatively, is there some way of transferring the jpgs from her Apple to my iPad?
If your wife's camera uses SD Cards (& your European pic's are still on the card), you can buy an iPad Camera Connection Kit (could get one in Oz) which requires no additional computer at all.

You can also transfer pic's using free or inexpensive apps which implement file transfer via wifi, using FTP, or WebDAV.
tvjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 02:18 AM   #4
AlexBell
Wizard
AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS T3, Kobo Glo, Kindle Touch, iPad, Samsung SB 2 tablet
Thanks to you both, that's most helpful.
AlexBell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 09:06 AM   #5
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
I use the iTunes method. I have also found that I can copy pictures from Facebook and similar sites to my iPad. That is how I get most of the pictures I have of my baby boy.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-28-2012, 08:27 AM   #6
tvjohn
Connoisseur
tvjohn is a glorious beacon of lighttvjohn is a glorious beacon of lighttvjohn is a glorious beacon of lighttvjohn is a glorious beacon of lighttvjohn is a glorious beacon of lighttvjohn is a glorious beacon of lighttvjohn is a glorious beacon of lighttvjohn is a glorious beacon of lighttvjohn is a glorious beacon of lighttvjohn is a glorious beacon of lighttvjohn is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kindle 3, K4NT
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfCrash View Post
I use the iTunes method. I have also found that I can copy pictures from Facebook and similar sites to my iPad. That is how I get most of the pictures I have of my baby boy.
Yes, iTunes does a good job for most things; so long as one has a computer handy

For a traveller nowadays, that's not often the case. With the advent of iPad, Kindle, etc., it's useful to find compact, lightweight, & low power alternatives.
tvjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 09:06 AM   #7
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
Copying pictures from Facebook and emails is easy enough.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote